Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

Last night's entertainment was a violinist. We didn't go and watch. They had a production show the night before. We might watch that on the next cruise. We enjoyed the band and then 2 competition shows in explorers. It was full. Standing room only.

There was some mention of trivia / progressive trivia earlier in this thread.

It reminded me of a "lady" nearly getting in a physical fight with the trivia host about what questions should have been asked.

Apparently on day X on a certain itinerary specific quiz questions should have bèen asked.  The host can't just make up his/her own quiz. ...According to the angry woman, who came armed with as folder of all Q&A for that cruise and a few others....

Some people would do anything for a key chain (or a bottle if house wine)

🙈🙉🙊

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

It reminded me of a "lady" nearly getting in a physical fight with the trivia host about what questions should have been asked.

Apparently on day X on a certain itinerary specific quiz questions should have bèen asked.  The host can't just make up his/her own quiz. ...According to the angry woman, who came armed with as folder of all Q&A for that cruise and a few others....

🙈🙉🙊

Yes. The serious trivia people are annoying. Constantly arguing their answer is correct. Since covid everyone marks their own answers. So those people  probably cheat.

We laugh at our wrong answers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Yes. The serious trivia people are annoying. Constantly arguing their answer is correct. Since covid everyone marks their own answers. So those people  probably cheat.

I had to bite my tongue once. Question was what does BMW stand for? Answer given was Bavarian Motor Works. My slightly literal mind  choked as that answer was incorrect. It was a ladies v men trivia and the question was asked of the ladies. Safer to keep quiet.😨

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I think that secretly behind the scenes, cruise staff high five each other when they find ambiguous questions to ask, knowing it is going to lead to an argument over a bottle of ship champagne. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I had to bite my tongue once. Question was what does BMW stand for? Answer given was Bavarian Motor Works. My slightly literal mind  choked as that answer was incorrect. It was a ladies v men trivia and the question was asked of the ladies. Safer to keep quiet.😨

Another of those oddities, as they should just have a BM on their badge - when used together, motorenwerke is a single word in their native lasnguage.

7 hours ago, buchhalm said:

🙈🙉🙊

And that's exactly why the trivia hosts (should) now make up new quizzes. Although I think they randomly recycle them as I recall a couple of repeat quizzes on Coral Princess but there was no pattern to the repeats.

People like that spoil it for the rest of us. 

We don't really care if we don't win although it is nice to feel like you have a fighting chance. We regard wrong answers as "hey, we learnt something new!".

• Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 11:08 AM, arxcards said:

Biscuits for breakfast would seem bad enough, but we do eat muffins/crumpets/bagels and I do see some similarities.

Biscuits and gravy for breakfast, well that is a whole other level.

My girls loved those containers of biscuits, which  just popped out, you put them on a tray and you had  scones. They loved the real chocolate biscuits also.  

3 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Christmas eve menu.

Decisions Decisions 

20221224_152135.jpg

I hope they are doing something more "Christmasy" for Xmas day.

Nevertheless, a quite nice menu.

A bit random, but something for everyone. 

* but I can't recall duck breast for Christmas eve (when Christmas is celebrated in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and other Roman Catholic countries), when I grew up in Austria...

....my Christmas spread at home last year....

No leftovers!

20201213_181209.jpg

20201212_130623.jpg

20201212_125012.jpg

20201212_121351.jpg

20201212_115419.jpg

20201212_101017.jpg

20201208_182345.jpg

20201103_150853.jpg

20201103_150730.jpg

20201013_094126.jpg

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Another of those oddities, as they should just have a BM on their badge - when used together, motorenwerke is a single word in their native lasnguage.

In general conversation many, including myself, call them BMs. The two wheeled models we sometimes call Bavarian Murder Weapons.😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I didn't know there was meant to be a difference.  Ours always had a soft centre and no Kiwi blood in our family,  

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Made correctly either one should.

Of course they should, I was being facetious! Plus I know what cruise ship pavlova is like.

This was the version from Westerdam tonight. No marshmallow to be seen!

20221224_212607.jpg

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Haha 1