Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

If one thinks they have caught something and their partner hasn't, the partner provides for both strips. It is still better than a total honour system, provided the issued test strips look distinctive enough not to be replaced by a "here's one I prepared earlier" sample.

PS: and there is also the possibility of barely tickling your nose with the swab.

If you barely tickle your nose, I feel that the C for Control line won't show up and the test is invalid.

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to be invited to the most travelled cruise Captains lunch on my recent cruise (8thJan). It was a strange experience unlike previous pre-Covid lunches, the Captain greeted us and officers all introduced then they left us to eat lunch on our own. And photo without the Captain but a lovely lunch anyway.

64FFCB55-36CA-43B9-9C3E-DACBDE3C4775.jpeg

218E3F1A-023A-4185-AC81-E5B2D7320C1E.jpeg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, suey said:

the most travelled cruise Captains lunch

Thanks for the photos. I've never been invited but I'm working on building up my days.

Great to see what's on the menu for when I eventually get there! 😁

1 hour ago, suey said:

I was lucky enough to be invited to the most travelled cruise Captains lunch on my recent cruise (8thJan). It was a strange experience unlike previous pre-Covid lunches, the Captain greeted us and officers all introduced then they left us to eat lunch on our own. And photo without the Captain but a lovely lunch anyway.

Do you know what the cut-off was for the Captain's lunch on your cruise?

2 hours ago, suey said:

Mum got invited on one of our august cruises. Had photos with the captain, but they didn't sit with us. I posted the photos and menu on that thread. Food was excellent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suey said:

Mum got invited on one of our august cruises. Had photos with the captain, but they didn't sit with us. I posted the photos and menu on that thread. Food was excellent.

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Yes, I recall the name tags.

Shame they have to still be so cautious around passengers, but I can understand it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Sometimes their Caesar salad is nothing more than lettuce, grated parmesan, some dressing and some croutons. Not a Caesar salad.

except if you are on Carnival Splendor ........then you get lettuce and a wave of the parmasan from somewhere in the galley - you  'may' get dressing and croutons ....... i sh!t you not!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Sometimes their Caesar salad is nothing more than lettuce, grated parmesan, some dressing and some croutons. Not a Caesar salad.

This had crispy chick peas instead of croutons. The dressing was not very good. It's not rocket science.  But with the extra anchovies it was passable

On 1/11/2023 at 10:06 PM, Aus Traveller said:

But if you have to show the test strip to the cabin steward, how can anyone hide a positive result?

It would be easy. Don’t actually stick the swab in your nose. On the surface, we are happy that this has been done several times this trip because it gives you more confidence about the situation but it only works if people do it right.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Tonight's menu.

I had my first Princess caesar salad. It was good. Ignore the chickpeas on it, they don't  belong on caesar.

I asked for the anchovies 

20230114_181703.jpg

20230114_181708.jpg

20230114_182424.jpg

Our 7 year old has gone the Pan roasted chicken the last couple of nights and changed potatoes for chips. I reckon asking to add a piece of the chicken on that Caesar would be good

• Like 2

We’re two days down in NZ and finally have a moment to update what’s been happening.

Hired a car in Dunedin and pulled off some moves that Melbourne taxi drivers would be scared to do 😬. did the Royal Albatross centre and then stopped along he Otago peninsula at some spots to return. Had to take the kids to see some iconic Scottish heritage in Dunedin so took them to the great Scottish restaurant “McDonalds.” I am a pretty serious photographer and need to come back here for at least a week!

Each of our kids are having a “Dad Day” where I take one off the ship to do something special that they want. Christchurch was “Dad Day” for our 7 year old so we arranged a small group tour with Christchurch Leisure Tours to get out to Willowbank Sanctuary. He loved it and we saw Kiwis. Can’t believe how significant the long term impact of the earthquake has been. Truly shocking experience.

these are just my phone pics.  Will post some off my Cameras another time.

9B4E1CF1-A504-4569-BB7A-835E6246FF3D.thumb.jpeg.689f435b524307173e043e1869429e5a.jpeg

F36B2959-5AE1-4BAD-8BCB-1473543AC47B.thumb.jpeg.112e652c79e2ce0b8883bd0a09cb5752.jpeg

6DEDEE86-F516-4C11-996A-D883025242FC.thumb.jpeg.1ea001868b49fad0b0bee9e749655002.jpeg

• Like 3

I didn't get off at Lyttleton/Christchurch.

I have been before and now that I am on my own, I can't be bothered with no one to talk to.

Just tossing up whether or not to get off in Wellington. I think reading a book will win.

I have a day trip booked for Napier. I might look at booking something for the other 2 stops or I can see me doing nothing again

• Like 1