Celebrity Eclipse dinners

A question for those who have recently cruised or are at the moment on Eclipse's Sydney to New Zealand cruise.

When, on this 13-night run do they have the "formal" (or whatever they call it now) nights?

I would like to arrange some specialty dining around it.

šŸ·šŸ“šŸø

The last time we did a Celebrity cruise to NZ was in 2019, but we have another in a couple of weeks.Ā  Looking back through photos, the first evening chic night was crossing between Australia and NZ (we stopped at Hobart first so it was the evening after that for us, I am assuming it will be the night after Melbourne in January), then it was the day we spent at sea between Wellington and Tauranga which was our last stop.Ā  For the January cruise I am going to assume that it will be similar, so the sea day between Wellington and Bay of Islands.

What date are you travelling?

7 hours ago, buchhalm said:

A question for those who have recently cruised or are at the moment on Eclipse's Sydney to New Zealand cruise.

When, on this 13-night run do they have the "formal" (or whatever they call it now) nights?

I would like to arrange some specialty dining around it.

šŸ·šŸ“šŸø

First night and last nigh do not have the formal night on a cruise ship due to baggage.

Celebrity no longer call it a "formal" night. IIRC Casual Chic is the term. I have never gone in for formal attire (travel light) - slacks and collared shirt.

Edited by lyndarra