Holland Upsell?

LadyBerard

We're cruising on the Nieuw Statendam in Jan.  If we accept an upsell, do we get to keep all our current perks, including OBC that we have from stock ownership, and veterans obc, as well as our original OBC from Holland?  Will we keep the same reservation number, or will we get assigned a new one and have to rebook our specialty dining and shore excursions?

8 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

We're cruising on the Nieuw Statendam in Jan.  If we accept an upsell, do we get to keep all our current perks, including OBC that we have from stock ownership, and veterans obc, as well as our original OBC from Holland?  Will we keep the same reservation number, or will we get assigned a new one and have to rebook our specialty dining and shore excursions?

If you accept an upsell offer you keep your current perks.  You also keep the same booking number and all excursions remain in place.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

I have done many upsells generated by HAL and never lost anything.  As I recall the cost of HAL insurance does go up a bit though (even if you already paid it).

I don't buy our insurance through any cruiseline.  I buy third-party ins.

It's not that you should "lose" the stockholder/military credit that you are due regardless of the cabin. But what happens is they they drop off and it takes the passenger advocating to get them put back on.  The same thing happened when I switched my booking from HAL to a TA. The stockholder didn't transfer, but I called and made sure they put them back on.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

2 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

It's not that you should "lose" the stockholder/military credit that you are due regardless of the cabin. But what happens is they they drop off and it takes the passenger advocating to get them put back on.  The same thing happened when I switched my booking from HAL to a TA. The stockholder didn't transfer, but I called and made sure they put them back on.

Interesting as I have done at least a dozen upsells (generated by HAL) and the stockholder credit was never a problem.  I did not have to do a thing and it was right there on my onboard account when I boarded.

• Like 1