Apex dining question

sunlover5

I am sorry if this has been asked but nothing comes up in search. We just booked Apex for February. How does their anytime dining work?

Do you have to have a reservation or can you go to a restaurant and wait for a table???  I tried to make reservations and only 9:00 or 9:30 is available. My husband had a heart transplant and has to take anti rejection medication with food at a fairly certain time every day. We can fudge a little but not till 9 pm. Thank you so much for any information how this works. I know there is a buffet but would prefer not to eat every meal there!!!😉

Thanks again!!!!

10 minutes ago, sunlover5 said:

I am sorry if this has been asked but nothing comes up in search. We just booked Apex for February. How does their anytime dining work?

Do you have to have a reservation or can you go to a restaurant and wait for a table???  I tried to make reservations and only 9:00 or 9:30 is available. My husband had a heart transplant and has to take anti rejection medication with food at a fairly certain time every day. We can fudge a little but not till 9 pm. Thank you so much for any information how this works. I know there is a buffet but would prefer not to eat every meal there!!!😉

Thanks again!!!!

Definitely worth a call to shoreside in advance of your cruise, guarantee they will gladly assist with this.  Best of luck!

You do not need reservations.  You can show up when you are ready to eat.  The 4 MDRs have different decor but you can get any of the foods in all of them.  So if your first choice has a wait they can check to see if there is seating available sooner in 1 of the others.  Normally the wait, if any is short.

• Like 1

You have nothing to worry about.  We are recently off Beyond (and Apex not too long ago) and, while the dinner reservation system is a mess, you will not have trouble getting an early table.  It is best to show up early when they first open (5:30).  You will get a seat right away.  Just pick one of the four restaurants.  If one is too busy they will send you to another.  We like to keep the same servers throughout the cruise, so if you want to do that just ask your maitre d'.  So long as you show up at 5:30 you will have no problems.  Enjoy the cruise.  Apex is beautiful.

• Like 2

We made reservations prior to boarding but it was not necessary.  The first night was very confusing for many people and the lines quite long.  We discovered that if we waited and walked down at about  6:30-6:45 the early diners were leaving and we could eat at any of the restaurants.  Also remember that all those dining rooms share a kitchen area so you can order items from any of the menus not matter where you are seated.  We did miss getting to know the wait staff so next time we will dine in one restaurant nightly and request the same waiter.

• Like 1