On board covid testing

whtabtbob

Colombia is a stop on our partial Panama Canal cruise, and one of the few remaining countries requiring a negative test within 72 hours of arrival. Since this port is 5 days into cruising,  we obviously can't test prior to embarking. How does HAL handle this?

Thanks for the responses,  I did try getting an answer first from Holland,  but the rep didn't have an answer readily and ended up disconnecting me after 10 minutes.

Email from Holland last night suggested using CIBTvisas.com/HollandAmerica to verify requirements by country and Colombia stated if arriving by cruise ship you must be fully vaccinated and tested within 72 hours of arrival. Not so if flying in. 

From HAL’s health protocols:  

Health Protocols

Colombia Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Colombia Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• We highly recommend all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing

Vaccinated guests:

• No testing is required for vaccinated guests.

Unvaccinated guests:

• All unvaccinated guests ages 19 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-test. 
      • Medically observed PCR test within 72 hours before embarkation
      • Medically observed Antigen test within 48 hours before embarkation.
    • Guests ages 18 and under are not required to take a COVID-19 test.

IDK if I would take the boarding protocols as all inclusive and complete, although they clearly try their best.  We have a NZ/AU cruise and while it does list embarkation testing, that is all they have listed......but the last 2 cruises have required all passengers to re-test mid-cruise.  I think testing is still fairly dynamic based on numbers and situations and informal country requests.  Making it on board and then never wearing your mask is still a risky proposition to your cruise IMO.

• Thanks 1