Passport/Birth Cert/Kids

We have a short-term window to go on a cruise to Bahamas this February break. We have three kids 17, 16 and 14 (age at time of sailing) and all have passports that expire in May 2023. Question - would we be okay bringing birth certificates and passports for this cruise? I'd prefer not to rush order passport replacements as they expire within six months of cruise. Thanks!

1 hour ago, kurukthemal said:

We have a short-term window to go on a cruise to Bahamas this February break. We have three kids 17, 16 and 14 (age at time of sailing) and all have passports that expire in May 2023. Question - would we be okay bringing birth certificates and passports for this cruise? I'd prefer not to rush order passport replacements as they expire within six months of cruise. Thanks!

Passports are fine.  The 6 months only applies to a very few countries and the Bahamas is not one of them. 

4 minutes ago, kelbell said:

I believe passports should still be ok, but bring the BC as a back up, better

to have than not.  And I read (on these boards) that RC will accept a

photo of your BC's. 

Note that RCCL does not require a passport or a BC.  The countries that you "enter" require proof, and that would be the Bahamas, and return trip, is the USA.  Immigration does not accept copies, but real documents.  Don't believe what you read on a message board.  

The 6 month rule is based on the "safest" info to tell a traveler.  For example, if you are a citizen of the USA and returning, you only need a valid passport.  However, some countries require the passport valid for duration of stay, some 2 months, some 3 months, some 6 months.  So safe to say 6 months.  For the Bahamas and return to USA, the passport would be valid.  (Especially since both countries accept a BC).