Onboard pricing on Crown to upgrade cabin

hughesthedaddy

The best bet is to phone Carnival House and ask them this question.  It depends a lot on which grade to which other grade. It also varies as to when the booking was made as quite often the prices are the same as when you historically booked, not current day offers.

Regards John

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, john watson said:

The best bet is to phone Carnival House and ask them this question.  It depends a lot on which grade to which other grade. It also varies as to when the booking was made as quite often the prices are the same as when you historically booked, not current day offers.

Regards John

Thanks for your response. I know the ships have a pricing matrix onboard as have seen them previously. I just wondered if there was an up to date one.

2 hours ago, hughesthedaddy said:

Does anyone have an up to date pricing to upgrade your cabin onboard?

These are a general UG list OB.  Not always offered, but gives you an idea.

This was from a  Dec 6th post.  Not sure if it’s followed from the UK sailings.

• Like 1

We are getting back to more normal times when ships would sail with relatively few cabin vacancies.  Our experience (which goes back more than 50 years) is that "upsell" deals are generally better when done pre-cruise.  Having a decent cruise/travel agent or PCC can be quite helpful.  Trying to do an upsell (or upgrade which is essentially free) onboard means spending time in a long queue at Guest Relations.  We spend our first day (aboard) relaxing and enjoying ourselves similar to a sea day.  When I walk through the lobby and see 50+ waiting in a queue at Guest Relations, I think "what a lousy way to spend an afternoon."  

When we have inquired about upsells (on ships) it usually turns out that the cost is more or about the same as if we had booked the cabin in the first place or had done the upgrade long before the cruise.  

Another change (in recent years) is the upsell bidding process that has been implemented by many cruise lines.  This is designed so that the cruise line can get the most money for any available cabin and also means that decent high category cabins are generally filled days/weeks/or months before a cruise. 

Hank

We did the grand transpacific in October.  We had booked an obstructed view as the price of a balcony was 7000 more at booking time  Halfway through the first week we enquired if we could upgrade to a standard balcony.. We went to look at the cabin first and it was in the exact area we always book when we book a balcony. The price was 600$ - for the two of us for 3 weeks. Glad we waited till we were on board 

I wonder if Regal will have this upgrade chart.  I know that the Regal did this before.   We will be on her soon, and I wonder if anybody who is on the Regal, or who is boarding soon, is seeing this chart.  I know it will be different on our cruise, because they are really two different cruises.  But, I am hoping that they will offer upgrades at boarding.   We don't want to bid, because we are picky about location.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I wonder if Regal will have this upgrade chart.  I know that the Regal did this before.   We will be on her soon, and I wonder if anybody who is on the Regal, or who is boarding soon, is seeing this chart.  I know it will be different on our cruise, because they are really two different cruises.  But, I am hoping that they will offer upgrades at boarding.   We don't want to bid, because we are picky about location.

If you'd followed the link, you would have seen that the chart is actually from the Regal. So, yeah - good bet that Regal has this upgrade chart! 🤦🏻‍♀️