Labadee Barefoot Beach Cabana's

Hey y'all a couple of quick questions for anyone who can answer them or at least guide me in the right direction. 

We are sailing on Grandeur OTS in April to Key West and Labadee. My children (14 and 16) and myself are in a GS and my parents are in a JS. If I book a Cabana at Barefoot Beach, can my parents join us on that beach even if they are only in JS? My second question, what is the bathroom situation like on Barefoot Beach? My dad is having prostate surgery next month and by April he should be much better but might need to use the facilities more frequently than he had previously. I am looking at the hilltop and overwater cabanas but cannot tell how far they are from the restrooms. If they are very far and it would be a hassle for him then it would not be worth the splurge. Are the basic beachside cabanas easier to access these faculties? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some insight. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find these specific answers. 

If I recall, there were some people who did this years ago.  Also, if full suites didn’t book all the cabanas, they would open it up for junior suites to book.  Might be worth checking with your concierge.
bathrooms are outside of the enclosed Barefoot Beach area, which can be a little bit of a walk if your cabana is close to the water. They are not exclusive bathrooms.

• Like 2

Yes, your friends and family can join you in your cabana, up to 8 people I believe.  My SIL and her husband joined us, they were sailing in a balcony room.  I don't think I would recommend the hilltop or over the water cabanas in your case.  The hilltops you do have to walk up a full flight of stairs.  The OTW, I think you have to walk into the water to get to the stairs.

The best option would be the standard cabanas.  They sit a little further back from the water, but they are easily accessible.  The issue may be the walk but if I remember correctly, it only took a minute or two to get there.  If it hasn't changed, it is outside the enclosed area and across the pavement walkway.

image.png.e79247e4094220899a75b8119bd914e8.png

Edited by jk04
  • Like 2

Not sure if I'll be able to attach this PDF, it's a recent map of Labadee I found.  Nbr 15 is the Barefoot Beach location.  Nbr 16 is the tram stop for Barefoot Beach.  Just across from that is the restrooms.  You can see that back row of cabanas would not be that far of a walk at all.  We were in S9 and I didn't think it was that bad.  But, I didn't recently have surgery either.

When the Suite Concierge contacts you a week out, you can request the Cabana you would like.  Doesn't mean you'll get it, but you can put in the request.

labadee-map-wayfinder.pdf

Edited by jk04
  • Like 1

We had S2 & S3 and liked them a lot.  Close to food, bar, and restrooms.  I walked around and looked at the Hilltop and didn't care for the location; some were up a fairly step trail and there wasn't near as much flat space around them.  We had some young grandkids with us and being on the sand gave them plenty of space to run while we sat under the shade and watched.  Kids your age that shouldn't be an issue.   

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:04 AM, mandyleighflies said:

After discussing it with my parents we decided to just splurge on the overwater bungalow and not worry about things we cannot control and enjoy ourselves! Cannot wait for April!! 

Hope I'm not too late.

There should be a "special needs" person at the ship's excursion desk.  Hunt her/him down on your first day and discuss your father.  They should have a relatively good idea on the best cabana locations for him.  They might also be able to arrange special transportation to the cabanas for you, or a private drive around CocoCay just for him to be able to look around and not have to walk too much.

If you haven't already figured it out, we definitely needed the special needs assistance before, and it was SO very helpful.