Leaving Monday on Glory, what internet package?

spleenstomper

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

What do you need it for?  If you are only checking emails or social media, the basic package is fine.

I’m going with my 20something so he wants the works but I think internet at sea has limitations even with the best package.

@hey-buc idk but it’s a 6 day also, which I though was weird. (It’s a group cruise so I didn’t plan it )

If you are unsure what plan you want, you can always get the basic plan and upgrade later if you need more.  I am not sure you can downgrade.

You can even wait until you are onboard to get it at all.  

Also,  if your 20something is the one who wants internet, shouldn't he/she be the one paying for it?  😁

• Like 1

Just now, staceyglow said:

If you are unsure what plan you want, you can always get the basic plan and upgrade later if you need more.  I am not sure you can downgrade.

Also,  if your 20something is the one who wants internet, shouldn't he/she be the one paying for it?  😁

Don’t even get me started, but yes, he should be paying. It’s a thing. This is the end of it. It’s been a group effort. It needs to happen. 

21 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

I guess what I’m asking is: does Spotify work with the premium plan? A lot of times they say it will but then it doesn’t.

Nothing is guaranteed with the internet on the ship. But Spotify should work on the Value plan and of course Premium too. I still recommend that you download playlists you want before you get on the ship because the internet is often slow and unreliable.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Nothing is guaranteed with the internet on the ship. But Spotify should work on the Value plan and of course Premium too. I still recommend that you download playlists you want before you get on the ship because the internet is often slow and unreliable.

The value plan will not allow Spotify.

12 minutes ago, mz-s said:

19 hours ago, staceyglow said:

You can wait until you're onboard, but it's 15% less in advance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, slavigne5577 said:

We bought the basic package in June on Glory. It never worked unless we were in port. We went to GS halfway through and got our money back. It was a full ship. 

We had a similar experience on Glory.  Don’t expect much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, newbie3815 said:

My husband uses the Kindle ap on his phone to get books through Amazon. Will this work with the internet plan.

I think it would the books take like seconds to download. He can download whatever he wants before you leave. The ap works without internet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, britbritrawr09 said:

I think it would the books take like seconds to download. He can download whatever he wants before you leave. The ap works without internet. 

Definitely download the books before you get on the ship. In theory, you could do it on the ships, but there are a couple of extra steps involved and it is way easier to do it ahead of time. 

• Like 1