12/30 Prima

molemaui

Signed up for a 9-9:30 boarding and arrived at pier at 9:15. Utter chaos - long lines and no Haven signage. Doors not open and no one available to ask questions. 

People in line say doors usually open at 10-10:30. Why in the world do they offer a 9:00 time?  

Not a very good first impression. 

46 minutes ago, molemaui said:

AH. My type A personality at work.

Doors opened at 9:45  with Haven signage and nice, quick check in. 

Relaxing in lounge and ready for a great cruise. 

And please report either from the ship or when you get back for those who have Prima cruises booked later in 2023.

Will add to this post until we leave port later today.  Then I will likely creat a new post as a semi review. 

In Haven area in port for about 45 minutes-had #3. They called us in groups of 6 or 7 to go up to the Haven Lounge. Verified dinner reservations with concierge- perfect. (Booked 4 weeks before cruise and nothing available. Called concierge with my preferences and everything requested was done!). Took care of theater/show reservations as well. Was informed they cannot get guests into Syd Normans due to the small size of the venue. On other ships, the venue is larger and they are able to use a “back door”. Will either wait in line or skip. 

Ordered champagne (Veuve Clicqot) and then went to lunch in Haven Restaurant. Excellent food so far-Cobb Salad, Fish Sandwich. More Vueve and now relaxing on pool deck waiting for cabin to be ready. 

if there is any doubt about the beverage package to choose-premium plus is the only way to go. May make an appointment to dry out when I get home but between the Scotches and bourbons, I need to try them all. Have had good champagne on Silversea and Regent but happily surprised to see Veuve as the standard here. 

• Like 1