Questions about Uniworld River Tosca Egypt river cruise

rjn5656

19 minutes ago, rjn5656 said:

What did you like, dislike?  Cabin selection?  Any issues with covid in 2022 on cruises.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I suggest you post this on the forum dedicated to river cruising:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/115-river-cruising/.  It is also possible the moderator will move it there.

The posters on that forum are very welcoming and informative.

Pre-covid we cruised Uniworld three time (Budapest to Amsterdam, the Seine, and the Rhone) and loved itineraries, the staff (both on-board and guides), dining, and entertainment. The ships were well designed and comfortable (with the best beds and bedding we've ever experienced).  Some people object to the decor but it never bothered us; in fact we found it quite interesting as each ship has a different decor and some of the artworks are incredible.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Questions about Uniworld River Tosca Egypt river cruise

I was part of a small group put together by my Travel Agent that did a Uniworld Egypt cruise that ended in March 2020, right as COVID hit the mid-Atlantic area of the US.  Egypt had been on my bucket list for years and I was familiar with the Uniworld product so thought this trip would fit.  All I can say is, it was FANTASTIC!!!  I cannot think of anything that could have been better.  Out group had cabins throughout the ship and all were satisfied.  The excursions were well-organized.  The food was good.  Our trip had a very large group from the MMA in New York that wanted to be separate.  Uniworld handled that by giving them a separate section of the dining room and lounge area, but this did not negatively impact the rest of us.

Since my trip was pre-COVID, I cannot speak to any impacts.  HOWEVER, I did do a Uniworld trip to Venice September 2021 which was post-COVID.  Uniworld followed the protocols for the area.

We were in on a European river cruise with Uniworld last July.  They did not follow their own stated protocols regarding covid.  They said all passengers must be fully vaccinated.  No one checked, many were not vaccinated and we had a large party of ten come down with covid.  Uniworld gave them the option of quarantining on the ship or leaving the ship.  They left-and I am sure they did not quarantine on shore!