CruiseFirst Deposit Question

ShadowRegent

Do CruiseFirst certificates work as a full deposit for a room regardless of the number of passengers?  I have a party of 5, so the deposit would be much more than the price of a CruiseFirst certificate.  Reading the terms of the CruiseFirst certificate, it seems like it should, but I wasn't sure if the number of passengers would make a difference.

I am not sure I understand the question. I believe there is a deposit amount for each guest (for us it was $125), therefore a $500 CruiseFirst certificate would cover four of the five. If you have two, or a higher amount one (I just know about the $500 ones and that's since yesterday!) that should cover all five. If you use two (restrictions on this that others will know better) you will be depositing more than you need to, but it will count towards the price. Running the scenario of 5 people in a single family balcony shows a deposit due of $625, so either direct pay, CruiseFirst certificates, or a combination of the two. 

And if this was not your questions, apologies. 🙂

On 12/31/2022 at 1:04 PM, ShadowRegent said:

Do CruiseFirst certificates work as a full deposit for a room regardless of the number of passengers?  I have a party of 5, so the deposit would be much more than the price of a CruiseFirst certificate.  Reading the terms of the CruiseFirst certificate, it seems like it should, but I wasn't sure if the number of passengers would make a difference.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst

Per the above link's stated terms and conditions (see #10 specifically), 1 CruiseFirst certificate does satisfy the required deposit (prior to 120 days) "for stateroom categories up to and including Club Balcony Suite or can be applied as partial payment towards higher categories." 

3 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

I am not sure I understand the question. I believe there is a deposit amount for each guest (for us it was $125), therefore a $500 CruiseFirst certificate would cover four of the five. If you have two, or a higher amount one (I just know about the $500 ones and that's since yesterday!) that should cover all five. If you use two (restrictions on this that others will know better) you will be depositing more than you need to, but it will count towards the price. Running the scenario of 5 people in a single family balcony shows a deposit due of $625, so either direct pay, CruiseFirst certificates, or a combination of the two. 

you can use two cruisenext when the promo is available, but I've never seen them offer the ability to use two cruisefirst.  It's also not often that they sell $500 cruisefirst

3 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

Deposits are per stateroom, NOT per number of guests!

3 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

this is not true.  Unless there is a current promo, deposits are per person

From Current Promo:

1. CruiseFirst certificates are only valid for sailings of six (6) days or longer.
  2. CruiseFirst certificates satisfy full deposit requirement for stateroom categories up to and including Club Balcony Suite or can be applied as partial payment towards higher categories.
  3. CruiseFirst certificates are not combinable with CruiseNext, Chartered sailings, Employee discounts, Friends and Family pricing, Sailaway, Interline and Travel Agent Rates.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

From Current Promo:

1. CruiseFirst certificates are only valid for sailings of six (6) days or longer.
  2. CruiseFirst certificates satisfy full deposit requirement for stateroom categories up to and including Club Balcony Suite or can be applied as partial payment towards higher categories.
  3. CruiseFirst certificates are not combinable with CruiseNext, Chartered sailings, Employee discounts, Friends and Family pricing, Sailaway, Interline and Travel Agent Rates.

I"m sorry.  I mid-understood your post.  It just said deposits are per cabin and I didn't know you meant cruisefirst deposits.  I thought you were talking about deposits in general.

• Like 2

If you are making a cash deposit, then yes you put down $x per person.  If however, you are using a certificate of some sort, it satisfies the deposit for the entire cabin. Restrictions apply for higher level cabins.   Be sure to read the restrictions on the CF certificate because it’s less flexible than a CN.  But still a good deal, just beware of what may happen if you want to change your reservation.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

If you are making a cash deposit, then yes you put down $x per person.  If however, you are using a certificate of some sort, it satisfies the deposit for the entire cabin. Restrictions apply for higher level cabins.   Be sure to read the restrictions on the CF certificate because it’s less flexible than a CN.  But still a good deal, just beware of what may happen if you want to change your reservation.

yes, that is the most important difference between CF and CN.  You forfeit the extra $$$ of the CF if you rebook/re-price your cruise.

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

yes, that is the most important difference between CF and CN.  You forfeit the extra $$$ of the CF if you rebook/re-price your cruise.

That isn't true. It is only if you cancel and rebook. I repriced a cruise a where the deposit was a cruise next certificate, and NCL did not remove the extra $250.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vince_g said:

That isn't true. It is only if you cancel and rebook. I repriced a cruise a where the deposit was a cruise next certificate, and NCL did not remove the extra $250.

yeah, when I say re-book that means cancel and rebook.  Remember, that rule is for cruise first, not cruise next

Thanks, everyone.  I read it as satisfying the full deposit requirement as well.  That's a nice bonus of using a certificate when sailing with a group of 5-- the cash deposit would have been much higher than what I paid for the CruiseFirst certificate!

Good to know about losing the bonus value of a CruiseFirst certificate if I cancel/rebook.  If prices come down and I upgrade categories would that also be considered a cancel/rebook or would I retain the value of the certificate?  Just curious so I know my options.

• 2 weeks later...