Anytime Dining on The Allure

I'm interested in any recent experience with ATD on the Allure. We booked early traditional seating (5:30) but heard it was being moved back to 5PM on some ships. We aren't thrilled with a dining time that early and thought of changing our May 28th 2023 to ATD. However, last summer on our Alaska Cruise on Quantum of the Seas, the ATD lines were horrible. They were out the dining room and up the stairwells! Curious if anyone has current experience on the Allure. There are 12 of us signed up for early traditional right now and 6 signed up for traditional late. Thanks! 

I did b2b allure and it was 5 pm for early dining. Too early. I did the WJ a lot plus they didnt give me a permanent seat. Failure at the supervisor level. I asked first week if they could assign me to a table week 2 with other solos or couples. He claimed done.  ..I was the 11th attached to a ten top with a family of ten. Never got fixed. Was not impressed with Mdr operation. How can you think being 11th at a family ten top ok? Not my family either. The only bad thing about allure imo.

Edited by firefly333

12 hours ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

Can you actually make a standing ATD reservation for every night on the cruise in advance of boarding or do you have to make a reservation once on the ship?

Yes, you can make standing reservations for MTD in the Cruise Planner under the dining option(s), as soon as it becomes active.

In October Allure had fixed seating in the MTD dining room at 5.  We had 6:30 MTD reservations but they really weren't sending anyone in until about 6:45.  Sometimes we had to wait for the table, latest was around 7:15.  In theory the fixed seating folks could get in until 5:15, but sometimes they didn't show up until later.

Lots of folks both in the MTD reservation line and non-reservation line were taken up to another level that had open tables.  Our son did that on another cruise on Allure and seldom waited more than 10 minutes.