Anyone Currently on Explorer?

Trunkabella

15 hours ago, carolina cruisin said:

We contracted covid on July cruise.  We were prescribed paxlovid and it definitely had quick results.  And yes, we were billed $800 pp - and was covered by our travel insurance.

Congratulations on the insurance claim. I wish we had used your company. We keep getting emails telling us they can’t proceed because they need more information, but they don’t say what they want. When I call to ask, the agent says something like “huh that’s weird, I can’t see anything missing. I will escalate and get back to you in a couple of days”. After that radio silence until the next email about unspecified missing info. I’ve traveled this loop several times. It appears they don’t want to pay and are giving me the runaround  until I give up. 

Edited by jeb_bud
Correcting typos

8 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

Congratulations on the insurance claim. I wish we had used your company. We keep getting emails telling us they can’t proceed because they need more information, but they don’t say what they want. When I call to ask, the agent says something like “huh that’s weird, I can’t see anything missing. I will escalate and get back to you in a couple of days”. After that radio silence until the next email about unspecified missing info. I’ve traveled this loop several times. It appears they don’t want to pay and are giving me the runaround  until I give up. 

If it's reimbursement for the medication, I would recommend not giving up.  That part of reimbursement was "fairlyu" easy for us.  There have been oher situations not so much.  Good luck.

All good on the Explorer,  watched the fire walks in SydneyHarbour last night as part of Australia Day.  That was after spending the day on a luncheon cruise in the harbour. That was a blast,  who knew the Aussie actually love the song the Land down under from Men at Work! Ferry races,  21 gun salute, tall ships, etc!   Mind you, this was a IrishWitchy Adventure, not a Regent choice trip - they were on a bus to something.  Just teasing,  spoke to quite a few people that were on from Auckland and they enjoyed their trips in Sydney.  

One funny thing to point out,  Passages made a point to spell out we would be going under Opera House at 4:30am.  That night they modified it until 4:00am.  That’s nice,  I will be sleeping.  The day we left we sailed by at at 11:30pm -  all lit up and looking great, but no mention of that timing.   Much more attractive time to see the thing in my opinion.   

Off to a winery today that was overall good,  expected to do a more in-depth tasting,  but once we got there I understand why that was going to be difficult.  The last four years the harvest has suffered from flood, fires, COVID and lack of folks to pick the grapes.  Overall,  an A, because I stomped on grapes, the food was very good and after a bus driver dropped off most of the passengers we went to Bondi beach.  So the toes met the Tasman Sea, which makes them happy.  

• Like 2

After two weeks on the Auckland to Sydney cruise and no sights of the captain,  I saw him three times today. He wasn’t a hologram- so he does exist.  The hull issues must be past us!!  Thankfully.  Off to the Steve Irwin zoo tomorrow,  hopefully I get to hold a Koloa bear.  

1 hour ago, irishwitchy said:

After two weeks on the Auckland to Sydney cruise and no sights of the captain,  I saw him three times today. He wasn’t a hologram- so he does exist.  The hull issues must be past us!!  Thankfully.  Off to the Steve Irwin zoo tomorrow,  hopefully I get to hold a Koloa bear.  

Who is the Captain?

The captain is Rosario Vasta.  I got to hold the Koala bear,  pet a kangaroo and watch a very good animal show, the birds and crocodile were interesting to watch.   It seemed that all the buses arrived back to the port at the same time,  we decided to get a bottle of sparkling wine and a great seafood platter (salmon sashimi, oysters,  Morton bay bugs and Prawns).  We listened to the music at the little pier, drank, ate, met some locals and watched everyone wait for the tenders, which took a long time!  Hubby, purchased the “prawn star” tshirt.  Great day.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, irishwitchy said:

The captain is Rosario Vasta.  I got to hold the Koala bear,  pet a kangaroo and watch a very good animal show, the birds and crocodile were interesting to watch.   It seemed that all the buses arrived back to the port at the same time,  we decided to get a bottle of sparkling wine and a great seafood platter (salmon sashimi, oysters,  Morton bay bugs and Prawns).  We listened to the music at the little pier, drank, ate, met some locals and watched everyone wait for the tenders, which took a long time!  Hubby, purchased the “prawn star” tshirt.  Great day.  

Wow, that sounds like the best day ever!! So glad that you are having such a good time.