Covid testing onboard

Mocamps

Please help with my last minute panic!!

We board Star Legend on Saturday and one of the places we visit is Columbia. I have just read that cruise passengers need negative Covid tests a maximum of 72 hours before arrival in Columbia. That isn't until Day 4 of the cruise. Does anyone know if they still do testing onboard Windstar ships? Or, if anyone has been to Columbia recently do you know if we DO need tests?

Mocamps, Windstars CIBT entry guide says you don’t need a test. Maybe your info is out of date?

On a separate note, be sure to have  local currency when you go onshore in Cartagena and Santa Maria as they are not at all interested in USD (was our experience in 2017).

1 hour ago, Nearpost345 said:

Mocamps, Windstars CIBT entry guide says you don’t need a test. Maybe your info is out of date?

On a separate note, be sure to have  local currency when you go onshore in Cartagena and Santa Maria as they are not at all interested in USD (was our experience in 2017).

What would be your recommendation for getting currency for small purchases.  Are there ATM's or currency exchanges in the Getsemani area?

What about credit cards? We very rarely get currency if we're only in a country for a couple of days but haven't had any problems using cards.

Thank you for the info regarding the CIBT entry guide. I hadn't found that!! I'll stop panicking!

14 hours ago, Nearpost345 said:

We were in Cartagena and Santa Maria in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 (before the Covid shut downs). USD were accepted with virtually all merchants that cater to the tourist trade. Credit cards also accepted. Bring small bills ($1's, $5's, $10's); do not expect change in USD.

Rob

• Thanks 1

Pleased to read update that USD is  accepted. My recollection is that Star Breeze held our passports while we went ashore. Having downed a couple of beers at a local bar we were told no credit cards or U.S. dollars would be accepted. When I went to exchange pesos, the bank rudely chased me away (no passport), so I eventually convinced a street vendor to accept the best $/peso exchange rate in the history of the world. I got back to the bar to learn that our group had ordered another round of drinks which put me back to square one! At that point the proprietor gave up and sent us on our way. Was quite the little adventure.