Yikes!!!

Lovey Life

My final payment is due on Jan 15th. I decided to do a mock booking this evening prior to making the final payment to see what cabins  are available and to check to see if there have been any price reductions.
Well….. I’m SHOCKED to see my cabin listed as AVAILABLE!!!! Yikes!!!! What do you make of that?

@Lovey Life
As someone who is constantly checking prices on my own booked ruises, the first thing is to make sure that the website didn’t switch the dates you were looking at. Generally, there will be more than one available date for sailing, and the website will point you towards the least expensive option. More than once I have made the mistake of ending up on the wrong sailing. 

If that’s not the problem, try to book it through to a courtesy hold. If it does not allow you to do it, that would indicate that your room is truly not showing available, even though it might be listed on the deck plan. If it does allow you to make a courtesy hold, put the hold in, and then tomorrow either call your travel agent or Celebrity and find out what is going on. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Lovey Life said:

My final payment is due on Jan 15th. I decided to do a mock booking this evening prior to making the final payment to see what cabins  are available and to check to see if there have been any price reductions.
Well….. I’m SHOCKED to see my cabin listed as AVAILABLE!!!! Yikes!!!! What do you make of that?

Personally I’d panic and be on the phone to Celebrity not writing on here.

Let us know the story…

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, omeinv said:

@Lovey Life
As someone who is constantly checking prices on my own booked ruises, the first thing is to make sure that the website didn’t switch the dates you were looking at. Generally, there will be more than one available date for sailing, and the website will point you towards the least expensive option. More than once I have made the mistake of ending up on the wrong sailing. 

If that’s not the problem, try to book it through to a courtesy hold. If it does not allow you to do it, that would indicate that your room is truly not showing available, even though it might be listed on the deck plan. If it does allow you to make a courtesy hold, put the hold in, and then tomorrow either call your travel agent or Celebrity and find out what is going on. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Harris…. You  are 100% correct….. somehow when I did the mock booking I was looking at the other sailing date for this itinerary. I’d bet money that I had selected my sail date! Hehe….. mini heart attack for NOTHING! PHEW!!!

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Lovey Life said:

Harris…. You  are 100% correct….. somehow when I did the mock booking I was looking at the other sailing date for this itinerary. I’d bet money that I had selected my sail date! Hehe….. mini heart attack for NOTHING! PHEW!!!

Well, all's well that ends well.  One dumb guy has actually called Celebrity when he did this. 

It's me.  I'm one dumb guy.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 4