Shuttle bus from MCO to Port Carnival question

hfdad

I have a reservation to take the Carnival shuttle bus from the Orlando airport to the port. I will be returning a rental car and was wondering after I drop off the car where do I pick up the shuttle.

Just curious...  Why wouldn't you just take your rental car to the port and return it there?  You could skip the Carnival airport shuttle and save some money.  Returning a car around Port Canaveral is a piece of cake and then they have a free shuttle to take you over to the ship.  This is what we do when we sail from Port Canaveral.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, amilicia said:

Just curious...  Why wouldn't you just take your rental car to the port and return it there?  You could skip the Carnival airport shuttle and save some money.  Returning a car around Port Canaveral is a piece of cake and then they have a free shuttle to take you over to the ship.  This is what we do when we sail from Port Canaveral.

I am picking up a rental from Hertz on the 15th at MCO, my only option is to return it to MCO. The Hertz in Cocoa will not accept a 1-way rental. Cruising on the 18th.

6 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Does one reserve the shuttle to the Cruise Port from the airport through the Carnival website? I have some Carnival cruises booked for 2024.

Thank you.  😊

It should show up as a day 1 excursion.

6 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Does one reserve the shuttle to the Cruise Port from the airport through the Carnival website? I have some Carnival cruises booked for 2024.

Thank you.  😊

Yes, it's about $35 per person each way. You also can get on the ship as soon as the bus drops you off at the port.

On 12/12/2022 at 8:21 PM, nmarsh said:
6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It should show up as a day 1 excursion.

6 minutes ago, hfdad said:

Yes, it's about $35 per person each way. You also can get on the ship as soon as the bus drops you off at the port.

Thank you Saint Greg and hfdad. I’ll watch for it as the excursions are listed. 

1 hour ago, hfdad said:

I am picking up a rental from Hertz on the 15th at MCO, my only option is to return it to MCO. The Hertz in Cocoa will not accept a 1-way rental. Cruising on the 18th.

It's unfortunate the Hertz is not one of the rental car companies that has a rental counter at Port Canaveral.  Did you search for Cape Canaveral rather than Cocoa?  Google shows that they have a rental counter there that offers shuttle to the cruise port.  

21 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

It's unfortunate the Hertz is not one of the rental car companies that has a rental counter at Port Canaveral.  Did you search for Cape Canaveral rather than Cocoa?  Google shows that they have a rental counter there that offers shuttle to the cruise port.  

The only Hertz location showing is a Chevy dealer in Cocoa, Alamo is close by, but $342 more than my Hertz rate for the car.