Plus OBC

Tedferg

I was looking at California 5-day cruise and in fare options I saw that Plus includes $100 OBC pp. Surprised to see OBC offered that way, how common is this? If the OBC is useful this makes Plus $40 pd and would be worth it for us. I quickly checked my 12-day cruise but no OBC for Plus there 😞

9 minutes ago, skynight said:

It is a promo for the 5 day voyage. Not all voyages have the same promos. 

Yes, similarly on the 4-night cruise in Feb 2023. On some other cruises the OBC is shown for Standard as well as Plus. Related question: in some searches the results show a button to select Std or Plus fares in other instances the choice between Std/Plus/Premiere comes during the selection process. In the latter one might be convinced to select Plus because of OBC. In the former you would not see the OBC offer.

I selected the Plus package which includes $100 OBC however, when I completed my online reservation I notice I never received my OBC. So, after 3 weeks sending about 8 e-mails I finally received. 

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I was looking at California 5-day cruise and in fare options I saw that Plus includes $100 OBC pp. Surprised to see OBC offered that way, how common is this? If the OBC is useful this makes Plus $40 pd and would be worth it for us. I quickly checked my 12-day cruise but no OBC for Plus there 😞

Just a heads up that the Plus package is no longer $40 per day as you mentioned.  It's now up to $60 per day.

Edited by Mary Ann 2

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

The onboard might be a carry-over of the 'excursion' credit from a couple months ago.  Who knows though.  I have a B2B including the 5 day ($99 pp) you spoke of and the subsequent 7 day ($149 pp).  I booked cheap, then added the plus fare.  If I had booked with the plus fare, the cruise more than tripled in price.  

Plus has increased to $60 per day and can be booked the first day of the cruise, which means that onboard credit can be burned though.  I find the price fair and will continue to buy it.  

OH!  I just understood what you meant!  That you'd pay the $60 per day, but get $100 pp onboard, which takes the cost to $40 pp.  Thunk me upside the head!  GRINS!  

25 minutes ago, justafem said:

OH!  I just understood what you meant!  That you'd pay the $60 per day, but get $100 pp onboard, which takes the cost to $40 pp.  Thunk me upside the head!  GRINS!  

Exactly, I always went for Plus at $40 but not at $60, if cruise had $100 OBC as a promo, I still would not go for Plus at $60. However, $100 included in Plus changes my mind - cute.