Has NCL fulfilled the promise of 6 Litres of water for NCL passengers with the Free At Sea package?

PapaGoose

3 hours ago, delaware32 said:

We booked both in 2022.From what I understand the addition of water to the package was effective as of 1/1/23.Since our cruises are 2023 and 2024 respectively, they show as part of our beverage package.

When did you book?

I found some information about the Flow water and when it was available with the Unlimited Beverage Package. Apparently it was for a very limited time only. I hope this is helpful. The site is silent on whether or not this includes re-pricing your cruise. Since it says "booking," I'm assuming cruises that were re-priced in this time period are not eligible for the Flow Water. 

image.thumb.png.d550b854df12c6b49dc5e34f49b29a90.png

Might I just add, what a stupid thing to offer, then stop offering. Alas, it also means I am not eligible for the six pack of water as we booked in advance of 9/14.

22 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I found some information about the Flow water and when it was available with the Unlimited Beverage Package. Apparently it was for a very limited time only. I hope this is helpful. The site is silent on whether or not this includes re-pricing your cruise. Since it says "booking," I'm assuming cruises that were re-priced in this time period are not eligible for the Flow Water. 

Might I just add, what a stupid thing to offer, then stop offering. Alas, it also means I am not eligible for the six pack of water as we booked in advance of 9/14.

Based on what I have been told, you are correct, the water promotion is not eligible for re-priced cruises.  However, NCL was more than happy to increase our tips (or whatever they call them) on the FAS beverage package for said re-pricing.     I get it, it is only water.  However, it rubs me the wrong way, once again.

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Based on what I have been told, you are correct, the water promotion is not eligible for re-priced cruises.  However, NCL was more than happy to increase our tips (or whatever they call them) on the FAS beverage package for said re-pricing.     I get it, it is only water.  However, it rubs me the wrong way, once again.

I am in complete agreement with you! Big surprise, eh? Yep, it's only water which means it really doesn't cost NCL a whole lot to provide it. I understand that purchasing 12 bottles of water for 2,000 cabins, pretty much every week on several ships is a hefty chunk of change. But, when guests are paying for it, either in their fare, or not so smartly by purchasing the Unlimited Beverage Package (which isn't unlimited since I can't get water, higher priced liquors, etc.) then NCL could afford it. 

I really wish I had been there when the decision makers approved the water being added, then taking it away. I'm guessing it was two different meetings, but maybe they intentionally did this to really upset their customers over....water. 

BTW, I drink the tap water. My husband drinks the water in the pitcher that the butler brings, because he pretends it goes through extra filtration. We both hate the taste of Flow water, so this doesn't really even impact us, yet it still upsets me as a customer (go ahead, tell me I'm a silly goose for getting upset). 

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I am in complete agreement with you! Big surprise, eh? Yep, it's only water which means it really doesn't cost NCL a whole lot to provide it. I understand that purchasing 12 bottles of water for 2,000 cabins, pretty much every week on several ships is a hefty chunk of change. But, when guests are paying for it, either in their fare, or not so smartly by purchasing the Unlimited Beverage Package (which isn't unlimited since I can't get water, higher priced liquors, etc.) then NCL could afford it. 

I really wish I had been there when the decision makers approved the water being added, then taking it away. I'm guessing it was two different meetings, but maybe they intentionally did this to really upset their customers over....water. 

BTW, I drink the tap water. My husband drinks the water in the pitcher that the butler brings, because he pretends it goes through extra filtration. We both hate the taste of Flow water, so this doesn't really even impact us, yet it still upsets me as a customer (go ahead, tell me I'm a silly goose for getting upset). 

We also will have our butler keep the water pitcher filled.   And we also always bring our own refillable water bottles.  But, we do like to grab these extra waters and throw them in our back packs/bags for extra water when we leave the ship.    As heavy water drinkers, we definitely would have been using the "free" waters.   

And I do not think you are a silly goose, I think you just know what is right and what is wrong.  

35 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Pretty much the marketing department sells the dream and operations live the nightmare. 

Adding 6+ bottles of water PER CABIN is a LOT of water and I wouldn't be surprised if it could have doubled their typical allotment, which adds more stress for the back of the house people to implement the promotion.  (i.e. storage, delivery, etc.)

It's causes a lot of waste also.  When it comes to "free" anything, people often just open up a bottle, take a few sips, put it down somewhere, forget it.  Open up another, rinse and repeat.   If you buy the water you are more likely to hold on to it longer. 

We booked 12/29 so we didn't get the promotion (we have the plus package so we can get it via that).  For the most part I carry my water bottle everywhere and refill as much as I can to avoid bottles.

You are correct, they caused this confusion and upsetting passengers over... water!  

on another note: why do you not like Flow water?  I HATE Evian, is it more like that?

We had previously booked a January cruise on the Prima but canceled it. Later, we decided we wanted to go on that cruise so we rescheduled it on November 20th. Our Free at Sea summary, below, shows the water promotion. Apparently canceling and rescheduling doesn't count as "repricing"...I guess we'll see when we board in a couple weeks.

FREE AT SEA
Your Current Offers
  • Unlimited Open Bar Package
    Includes a selection of beverages by the glass (premium cocktails, beer and wine up to $15) as well as unlimited soda, juices, and one 6-liter case of Flow water (exclusions apply) Click Here for details.
Edited by schmoopie17

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

And with this official declaration from the eggheads at NCL I am back to getting a rock in my loot bag for Hallowe’en… over promise and under deliver… kind of makes uncle Frank and his colleagues look bad!

Instead of putting a six pack of water in each room why don’t they just add it to the package. It could even save them money because there are times when my husband and I are at the bar I get a bottle of water. It would be cheaper for them if I didn’t order a martini.

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

We had previously booked a January cruise on the Prima but canceled it. Later, we decided we wanted to go on that cruise so we rescheduled it on November 20th. Our Free at Sea summary, below, shows the water promotion. Apparently canceling and rescheduling doesn't count as "repricing"...I guess we'll see when we board in a couple weeks.

FREE AT SEA
Your Current Offers
    Includes a selection of beverages by the glass (premium cocktails, beer and wine up to $15) as well as unlimited soda, juices, and one 6-liter case of Flow water (exclusions apply) Click Here for details.

This shows up on all 3 of my bookings and none of them were made during the supposed window for this water “promotion”.  It’s being advertised as a change in the beverage package.

Complicating things even further, even though it says water is included on our summary page for our cruise in two weeks...

Includes a selection of beverages by the glass (premium cocktails, beer and wine up to $15) as well as unlimited soda, juices, and one 6-liter case of Flow water 

when checking our e-docs, it says this...

Does not include Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or flights, Starbucks, Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water...

HOWEVER...I just finished an online chat with NCL and I was told that while BOTTLED water is not included, the cartons (not bottled) are, in fact, included. From the chat:

The case of water is included. That'll be delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. If you were wanting additional cartons or bottled water, your onboard account would be charged for it.

Edited by schmoopie17

Keep in mind that NCL reduced the FAS speciallty dining number by 1, then sometime after, this 6 pack of water was added to the offer.  My wife is a heavy water drinker and we would buy a case each cruise, not a fan of placing our water bottle up to something thousands are using.  We thought this was a good addition and would only have to get a little more water.  In the end we ended up upgrading to the plus package that got you all water options as well as starbucks, two more specialty dinners and unlimited internet.  The price was discounted as compared to buying a couple of the packages.  I can see where it would be a big haul for all of the ship getting all those waters, especially when they are reducing to one turn down per day.  Not a deal breaker, but everything is becoming nickle and dime with no discounts, true cost is quite higher than you realy think.  Some cruiselines with true included drinks and wifi compared to others might be a better deal, like Celebrity.

So to be clear, bottled water is not included with FAS but it is with FASP? I don't mind tap water but kinda assumed if I could get a soda or cocktail, I'd be able to get any bottled beverage especially water since it's so much less costly. 

35 minutes ago, carohs said:

So to be clear, bottled water is not included with FAS but it is with FASP? I don't mind tap water but kinda assumed if I could get a soda or cocktail, I'd be able to get any bottled beverage especially water since it's so much less costly. 

You are correct...except it's nasty tasty boxed water. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sailorusvi said:

on another note: why do you not like Flow water?  I HATE Evian, is it more like that?

I strongly dislike the taste of all bottled water, unless it's sparkling. Flow water just has a weird taste to it. I'm not exactly sure what it is. Maybe it's the Alkaline? Maybe it's the liner? Maybe it's my notion that boxed water/bottled water is a poor substitute for tap water. I'm weird! 

10 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I strongly dislike the taste of all bottled water, unless it's sparkling. Flow water just has a weird taste to it. I'm not exactly sure what it is. Maybe it's the Alkaline? Maybe it's the liner? Maybe it's my notion that boxed water/bottled water is a poor substitute for tap water. I'm weird! 

Even Aqua Panna? 

2 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Even Aqua Panna? 

Hmmm, as always, I misspoke. And of course, you were rude enough to call me out on it. Hehe

Never tried Aqua Panna, so maybe I'd enjoy it. I have tried Fiji and enjoy the taste of Fiji water. See...you made me think! How rude! 

I jest, I jest.

• Haha 1

Platinum on Ncl and Diamond on RCL and elite on Celebrity so on RCL we can get a bottle water in Diamond lounge with a drink as benefitt. On Ncl the bottle water is always costing money. We bring our double lined stainless steel water bottle and refill it with ice water from a cup in buffet area, no cross contamination. Separate bonus is cappuccino and decent coffee in Diamond and Elite lounge. Enjoy perks of each cruise line!

18 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ha, I could see me being that way.

I tend to like the cheaper bottle waters (Poland Spring, Costco brand) Maybe because they taste more tap like?? Who knows. 

I can't stand Evian.  Not really fan of any alkaline bottles of water. Not a fan of Smart Water or Fiji either, but will drink them.  I had can water not too long ago, gross.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hmmm, as always, I misspoke. And of course, you were rude enough to call me out on it. Hehe

Never tried Aqua Panna, so maybe I'd enjoy it. I have tried Fiji and enjoy the taste of Fiji water. See...you made me think! How rude! 

I jest, I jest.

I do love Fiji water too. But Dasani? Aquafina? Dying of dehydration doesn’t sound awful. 💀

9 minutes ago, sailorusvi said:

Ha, I could see me being that way.

I tend to like the cheaper bottle waters (Poland Spring, Costco brand) Maybe because they taste more tap like?? Who knows. 

I can't stand Evian.  Not really fan of any alkaline bottles of water. Not a fan of Smart Water or Fiji either, but will drink them.  I had can water not too long ago, gross.

I also like water with grains, hops, and yeast. Highly recommend. Good from tap, can, or bottle. Even had it through a funnel before. 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I also like water with grains, hops, and yeast. Highly recommend. Good from tap, can, or bottle. Even had it through a funnel before. 

I honestly first read that as "had it during a funeral before."  I've been to several where that would have helped! 🤣

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Plan on having it at mine. Doesn’t help me much, but others can enjoy. 

You're a great person.  I personally refuse to impose the pain of a traditional funeral upon my family.  Nobody deserves that.  Just pour my ashes into a 1.75 liter JW black label bottle and toss it off an aft balcony on an NCL ship.

(disclaimer: if I don't lose a few pounds, it may take two bottles...😬)

• Haha 3