Escape change of ports

dpepper64

16 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

We are on the Escape in 3 weeks and noticed that the Escape is in Nassau today vs a sea day.  Do you think they are changing all future Escape ports this month

They will change the itinerary only on those cruises where in Puerto Plata the Amber Cove port has already two Carnival Corp ships the day that NCL is supposed to be there too and hence an NCL ship cannot dock there (Amber Cove has space only for two ships and as it is a Carnival Corp built port Carnival Corp ships always have first grabs there). 

So what you need to check is how many other ships are at Puerto Plata/Amber Cove port on the day when you are supposed to be there. 0-1 = you’ll most likely go to Amber Cove/Puerto Plata. 2 = you will go somewhere else. Sometimes the substitute is a sea day, sometimes Nassau (the next day), sometimes GSC. 

The above is valid for NCL’s big ships. It seems Sky (and recently  also Dawn) do go to Puerto Plata using Taino Bay port. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 1

We are scheduled to visit Puerto Plata, DR on March 6th. I checked the Amber Cove port schedule for that day and it shows 2 carnival ships scheduled to be there. Can I assume we won’t be porting there OR at Taino Bay? If NCL knows this, wouldn’t they let us know beforehand? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tee3240 said:

We are scheduled to visit Puerto Plata, DR on March 6th. I checked the Amber Cove port schedule for that day and it shows 2 carnival ships scheduled to be there. Can I assume we won’t be porting there OR at Taino Bay? If NCL knows this, wouldn’t they let us know beforehand? 

yes, you would think NCL would let folks know.  At least let them know it's a possibility.  they have to know that we now know what's going on.  I'm sure NCL folks read these forums.  That being said,  I've read rumors that the work at Taino Bay could be done soon which would allow the big ships to start docking there again.  good luck

So how about this one?  When I look for our March cruise I see below:  Does that mean we get in b/c the Carnival Freedom arrives after or do we fight it out with Celebrity or do not get in at all?

🧍🧍🧍🧍

Carnival Cruises logo

a 1030 d 1830

Celebrity Cruises logo

a 0700 d 1500

Norwegian Cruise Line logo

a 0900 d 1600

9 hours ago, jcollin said:

So how about this one?  When I look for our March cruise I see below:  Does that mean we get in b/c the Carnival Freedom arrives after or do we fight it out with Celebrity or do not get in at all?

🧍🧍🧍🧍

Carnival Cruises logo

a 1030 d 1830

Celebrity Cruises logo

a 0700 d 1500

Norwegian Cruise Line logo

a 0900 d 1600

Best guess? Carnival gets their spot no matter what. Celebrity and NCL have to duke it out for the 2nd spot. Constellation could fit in Taino no problem- it's a much smaller ship than Escape- but I don't know if any other brands use Taino. I'm off to research it. 

Edited by asmit4
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 6:59 PM, tee3240 said:

I'm currently on the Getaway, which was supposed to dock in Taino Bay.  There were already 2 carnival ships scheduled at Amber cove.   A month before we sailed we received an email notifying us that the stop in the dr was being replaced by a sea day and our stop in antigua would lose the morning due to environmental reasons.  For the next whole month, they did not change the schedule online, so they continued marketing and selling this cruise as visiting the DR and having a whole day in antigua without telling people these stops had been cancelled/shortened.