Difference between ship and land times for booking trips help?

julsngraham

Hi there I am just about to book a trip in Puerto Vallarta and they said I need to book the Land time but I don't know what the difference is if the ship is docking at 8am - I presume that's ship time?  I don't want to get it wrong.

Thanks

Julie

Often but not always ships keep shiptime. Then there might be a difference of one hour. Very confusing for passengers. Which ship are you on and when? Maybe I can check local time then. 

Edited by Ine

Not sure what ship/itinerary you are on.  It has been typical for ships on a 7-day itinerary to leave CA (Pacific time) and adjust ship's time +1 to Mountain time when passing/nearing Cabo and leaving leaving it there until returning to CA at the end of the trip when they reset back to Pacific time.

This typically leaves ship's time 1 hour behind local time in Vallarta. However, this can vary by cruise line.  Ask your question on the cruise line specific forum.

What excursion are you trying to book in Vallarta? 

Edited by MSN-Travelers

2 hours ago, julsngraham said:

We are on Royal Caribbean...

Which ship and when?

On January 16 e.g. Navigator of the seas is expected to dock at Pier 2 to from 12.30 till 10 pm. all local times. 

Edited by Ine

OP stay on ship time for your April 2023 cruise and you'll be fine booking an excursion. These companies know when the ships dock and you'll be in Puerto Vallarta from 8:00am to 6:00pm a very long day for this particular port stop.