Recommendations on Luggage

New2cruise2022

I’m planning to drop luggage at port and have delivered to my room. Do any of you have a preference on the type of luggage? 

Is a duffle bag type (that can lay flat and easily be pushed under a bed) any better than a normal suitcase with wheels (or will that fit nicely under the bed as well)?

I am a bit of a minimalist and like my room pretty clutter free. 

3 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I’m planning to drop luggage at port and have delivered to my room. Do any of you have a preference on the type of luggage? 

Is a duffle bag type (that can lay flat and easily be pushed under a bed) any better than a normal suitcase with wheels (or will that fit nicely under the bed as well)?

Person I prefer the spinners in case I have to walk a bit with the case, but I do not travel light and I know I’ll be buying some things that could be breakable. I do bring a duffle to use as an extra bag on my return if I know I’ll be doing a fair amount of shopping. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Almost any size suitcase up to a 29" large case will fit under the beds. Some, with extremely fat cases open them up and slide them under the beds, but we have never had a problem. 

• Like 3

Consider not only embarkation day, when you drop your luggage off first thing, but disembarkation, which can be a painfully slow process with long lines sometimes. For getting off the ship, I would recommend traveling with a suitcase with good wheels, not a duffle that you may have to pick up a hundred times to move it forward in the line up. You can put your bag out the night before disembarkation to avoid this line shuffle, in which case you need a good sized carry on for your morning needs. 

• Like 1