For 2023, did the complimentary lobster tail change from warm/spiny to cold/Maine tails like RCI?

NutsAboutGolf

58 minutes ago, BridgeBabe said:

We will be on the Equinox starting Mar 27 and have first night reservations in Murano, specifically for the table side lobster. Had it several  years ago and it was amazing.  What is it today?  I do remember that the waiters will usually share whether this is a "good" lobster night or not.  That is the only reason I would do Murano. The last time we were squashed into a room with a HUGE party and were totally overlooked for everything.. Service was awful and we have not been back since. But with lots of OBC I thought we could give it another try and now with the lobster debacle, I am wondering if it is worth the money?  Last year had lobster in Luminae it was inedible..like tough rubber (and yes I tried again! same thing!) I was promised a lobster the next day that never materialized. Abd if they do away with my filet, our next cruise is in jeopardy! Help!

Bridge Babe

My dw had the lobster tail (warm water) prepared table-side in Murano last week on Equinox.  Nice show at least.  She enjoyed it but it was so small that she hardly was satisfied.  The person at the next table asked (and received two) so definitely try that.  Not sure if Murano has an upcharge for two.  But at $140 (incl tip) for the two of us it was not really worth it.  But we did have a lot of OBC too.  As an aside, we also did the Tuscan Grille.  The fried calamari were so rubbery that we struggled to cut them with a knife!  I told our waiter that they should call them Goodyear Calamari!  However the calamari served in Luminae were cooked correctly and delicious.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Bot it gets old reading the "warm water lobster is crap" over and over. Yes, it's not cold-water sweet lobster -- get over it. But it can be delicious nonetheless when prepared properly. 🙄

I suppose this snooty crowd also would never touch a hamburger because it is not filet mignon.... Never mind that it can be delicious on its own merits.

I'll take a warm-water lobster (especially delicious in dishes like mac 'n cheese where the stronger flavor is a plus) over scallops any day. Not to mention that scallops are notoriously difficult to cook properly, even more so than lobster. Just ask Gordon Ramsay.

image.png.b9d1fb9a82e276b1ba1ec150e500f78f.png

Just sharing my thoughts, if I come across pretentious, that is not my intention...

1) LOBSTER, X mirrored RCI's fee but did not improve change to the improved cold water lobster like some of us were hoping

2)  BURGER, like a steak you can have good or bad versions...IMO, the mast grill/buffet burger is bad/flavorless, edible but not worth the calories.  The hot dog on the other hand is awful, give me a cheap Costco hot dog any day

3)  SCALLOPS, use to sous vide and sear them and have change my method searing one side only and leave the other side unseared/raw...They are soooooo good like that

4)  OVERCOOKING, lately whenever I order any chicken dish from X, its overcooked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

My dw had the lobster tail (warm water) prepared table-side in Murano last week on Equinox.  Nice show at least.  She enjoyed it but it was so small that she hardly was satisfied.  The person at the next table asked (and received two) so definitely try that.  Not sure if Murano has an upcharge for two.  But at $140 (incl tip) for the two of us it was not really worth it.  But we did have a lot of OBC too.  As an aside, we also did the Tuscan Grille.  The fried calamari were so rubbery that we struggled to cut them with a knife!  I told our waiter that they should call them Goodyear Calamari!  However the calamari served in Luminae were cooked correctly and delicious.

Our last 2 Tuscan Grill  attempts were not good at all...I even complained and they gave us a free lunch which we also did not eat....so we are done with them....used to be wonderful  but our last 2 cruises were on Infinity where Tuscan seems like an after thought.. I did get Murano on a great 30% early discount, so still trying to decide..will see what else they have to offer, before I give it up.. Thank you for the help.