MDR times on the Apex

oakgrove girl

Can some please answer this question.  I know they have 4 different restaurants on ship acting like MDR. Can you go to dinner anytime. I like anytime dining but on my reservation they booked for dinner at 8:30. They said anytime ding was full and no wait list available. 

Just returned from the Apex Christmas cruise. I tried making reservations from the Celebrity app before we sailed. There was no availability for any restaurant until 9:00pm..I was worried that we would have to eat in the Ocean View cafe every night for dinner. I even went right to one of the restaurants after we boarded and still no availability. We just decided to show up and see what happened. We were able to get seated every night. We went around 6:30 and never had an issue or had to wait. So don’t worry too much about not making your reservations ahead of time. 

46 minutes ago, mosleyman said:

Thank you for answering this question. Do you know where in the app do I make reservations?

If you have Anytime dining, on the screen where it shows your room number, scroll down to dining and there will be a link to "Make a reservation".  If you have a fixed dining time, my understanding is that this option will be grayed out.  Which in my opinion is a huge issue since Celebrity is still letting people select fixed dining times for Edge class ships and is capacity controlling how many can choose Anytime.

1 hour ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Why are they allowing new bookings for Apex dining showing early, late, and anytime?  Their website even shows this.  Are they that inept.  

Bottom line yes, they are. Since this affects only E-Class ships their systems presently can't differentiate and eliminate the choice of fixed seating for only those class of ships.