Specialy Dinning Upgrade?

uneamie

According to this: "

Specialty Dining Upgrade
"Upgrade your Free at Sea Dining package by adding two extra meals for only $69 USD plus gratuity – a 30% discount off the two meal package retail price." Below this discription it says.... the total charge was $70 ( per person.)  

I'm confused. Is this 2 extra restauants for the 2 of us or just 2 actual meals, one each. It clearly says upgrade by adding two meals for $69 plus gratuity and I assume some kind of tax.  So why is the total charge $70 per person?  If I upgrade for hubby and I the total will be $140 for the both of us which is 2 meals for ONE restaurant?  So that $69 does not make any sense. Not to mention if we got our meal ala carte in some of the restaurants without the diing package I think we could end up with a bill of around $70 per person anyway...so where's the deal here? I think the wording of this is throwing me off. 
Edited by uneamie

29 minutes ago, uneamie said:

According to this: "

Specialty Dining Upgrade
"Upgrade your Free at Sea Dining package by adding two extra meals for only $69 USD plus gratuity – a 30% discount off the two meal package retail price." Below this discription it says.... the total charge was $70 ( per person.)  

I'm confused. Is this 2 extra restauants for the 2 of us or just 2 actual meals, one each. It clearly says upgrade by adding two meals for $69 plus gratuity and I assume some kind of tax.  So why is the total charge $70 per person?  If I upgrade for hubby and I the total will be $140 for the both of us which is 2 meals for ONE restaurant?  So that $69 does not make any sense. Not to mention if we got our meal ala carte in some of the restaurants without the diing package I think we could end up with a bill of around $70 per person anyway...so where's the deal here? I think the wording of this is throwing me off. 

Pay $69+grants and one person gets two more dinners.

If you want your spouse to join you, it will be a second $69+grats.  

49 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Pay $69+grants and one person gets two more dinners.

If you want your spouse to join you, it will be a second $69+grats.  

So if I take this upgrade for both my husband and I.....we can go to 2 more specialty restaurants? If that's the case then it really is worth it...especially since we have $150 on board credit.  Thank you Bird!

44 minutes ago, uneamie said:

So if I take this upgrade for both my husband and I.....we can go to 2 more specialty restaurants? If that's the case then it really is worth it...especially since we have $150 on board credit.  Thank you Bird!

Yes. You will get whatever you got with Free at Sea plus the two additional nights out with the upgrade. The upgrade is a very good deal if you just want 2 more nights out. If you want more than 2 additional dinners, there are other strategies. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. You will get whatever you got with Free at Sea plus the two additional nights out with the upgrade. The upgrade is a very good deal if you just want 2 more nights out. If you want more than 2 additional dinners, there are other strategies. 

What is the best strategy if we want more than 2 extra?

We are new to NCL and just booked a club balcony 8 day on Getaway….we get two free at sea meals, upgraded to free at sea plus which gave us 2 more…and then added 2 more for $100ish.  Is there a better way to have done this?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, uneamie said:

I’m not sure this offer is available onboard, so you may not be able to use your OBC to upgrade for the cheaper price.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LakeMomNY said:

We are new to NCL and just booked a club balcony 8 day on Getaway….we get two free at sea meals, upgraded to free at sea plus which gave us 2 more…and then added 2 more for $100ish.  Is there a better way to have done this?  Thanks!

The OP was talking about just upgrading the meals, rather than taking free at sea plus. In that case it is cheaper to just purchase an extra 4 meal package than get two with the upgrade offer and two at full price.

As you took free at sea plus this doesn’t apply to you, as you can’t just drop the dining element of free at sea plus.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I’m not sure this offer is available onboard, so you may not be able to use your OBC to upgrade for the cheaper price.

You're right...I had to pay when I booked the upgrade. But that's OK because I have other things I can use my onboard credit for. Thanks for mentioning that

16 hours ago, LakeMomNY said:

You're good with your plan  

21 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The OP was talking about just upgrading the meals, rather than taking free at sea plus. In that case it is cheaper to just purchase an extra 4 meal package than get two with the upgrade offer and two at full price.

As you took free at sea plus this doesn’t apply to you, as you can’t just drop the dining element of free at sea plus.

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You're good with your plan  

Thanks!