Sky Princess current wines by the glass price?

CPCruisers

Hi

Can anyone on the Sky currently or recently provide info on what wines are available under the "old" Plus-50 plan? Are you stuck  with simply Red/White/Rose or are there some "named" wines available? Also was the cutoff $12 or $15 per drink.  How about the Good Spirits cocktails, are they included in the "Plus -50" ?  My husband loves his Glenfidich with Glenlivit as backup- just curious what the price for these are now?

Thanks so much for any information you can share 🙂

The new packages take effect for sailings on Feb 20 or later. As I understand Plus-50 (or -60) will entitle you to a $15 drink limit on sailings after that date—and I expect the new bar menus to be rolled out around then to match. I’m sure people will post the new bar menus after that date either here or in web blogs that host them. It shouldn’t matter much which ship you see the menus from. 

When are you sailing?

The Plus-50 supposedly will not include the totally new additions like premium desserts. 

26 minutes ago, EconDoc said:

The new packages take effect for sailings on Feb 20 or later. As I understand Plus-50 (or -60) will entitle you to a $15 drink limit on sailings after that date.

Have you confirmed this, or is it your assumption?

(Along with the OP)I too would like a definitive answer on this from anyone who is actually currently sailing under the recent promotion change.

I'm set to sail in 2 weeks.  When I look at the package on my Personalizer under 'Onboard Services' it reads:

image.thumb.jpeg.d95c23a73da8092ff5bde838c4172299.jpeg

I read those green checkmarks and Purchased to imply that I will be entitled to every item stated on that list; including "(drinks up to $15 each)" on my sailing; with the only exemptions being those with "NEW" in the description.

I'd rather not have to confront the beverage manager onboard about what seems to be clearly stated above.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:43 AM, CPCruisers said:

Hi

Can anyone on the Sky currently or recently provide info on what wines are available under the "old" Plus-50 plan? Are you stuck  with simply Red/White/Rose or are there some "named" wines available? Also was the cutoff $12 or $15 per drink.  How about the Good Spirits cocktails, are they included in the "Plus -50" ?  My husband loves his Glenfidich with Glenlivit as backup- just curious what the price for these are now?

Thanks so much for any information you can share 🙂

We have been on Princess ships (Sky and Enchanted)  twice in the last few months and will be back on the Sky in a few weeks. Please keep in mind that regardless of what Package level you have, you are not "stuck" with any one type/class of wine. You are perfectly able to but ANY drink on the ship. The type of drink package you have merely determines the deductible you pay for each glass. On our last trip in November, we had only the Basic package but exclusively bought the best wines in every dining venue which were almost all around $17/glass. Because of our lower level Basic package we paid maybe(5$?) more per glass than if we had had the Premium package, but the total extra cost for having lower deducible was still far less than the cost of the Premium package.

• Like 1

We just got off the Sky Princess yesterday (Jan. 14) and in some dining venues (e.g. Alfredos) they had a breakdown of wines by package (e.g. Plus vs Premiere) and by grape/wine varietal (Pinot Grigio, Sav Blanc, Rose, Pinot Noir, Cab Sav, etc.). Limits were still $12 per drink for Plus and $18 for Premiere and the prices of drinks/wines were virtually the same as our cruise in August 2022 ($8-$10 per drink on average for spirits/martini's/wines. For the MDR, there was a more extensive wine list in the App (found under the Dining Room menu) with most of the choices for full bottles only. We did not make it to Vines to see what the choices/prices were there.

10 hours ago, Skai said:

Have you confirmed this, or is it your assumption?

New policies take effect for sailings after Feb 20 so look for first hand reports after that date. I have not verified anything but the main discussion thread has lots of discussion consistent with this view. 

On 1/13/2023 at 9:43 AM, CPCruisers said:

My husband loves his Glenfidich with Glenlivit as backup- just curious what the price for these are now?
🙂

As of now No Age Statement Glenfiddich and Glenlivet are within the Plus allowance but the 12-year versions are more. I strongly recommend Aberfeldy 12, which is well within the allowance and available at many, but not all, bars. 

1 hour ago, EconDoc said:

As of now No Age Statement Glenfiddich and Glenlivet are within the Plus allowance but the 12-year versions are more. I strongly recommend Aberfeldy 12, which is well within the allowance and available at many, but not all, bars. 

Which Vodka's are in the Plus allowance? Titos, Grey Goose ?

New policies take effect for sailings after Feb 20 so look for first hand reports after that date. I have not verified anything but the main discussion thread has lots of discussion consistent with this view. 

I would like first hand accounts before that date.

There isn't a 'NEW' preceding the wording: Plus Beverage Package(drinks up to $15 each) that I have showing on my Personalizer for the Plus Package 'Purchased'.

There is also no mention of any other exemptions in red specifying a different price limit for beverages.

• Like 1

I agree. For me squirrel juice (look at the label) is better than either Glendiddich or Glenlivet.

If you ever get the chance visit Aberfeldy. It’s a beautiful part of highland Perthshire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bagney said:

We just got off the Sky Princess yesterday (Jan. 14) and in some dining venues (e.g. Alfredos) they had a breakdown of wines by package (e.g. Plus vs Premiere) and by grape/wine varietal (Pinot Grigio, Sav Blanc, Rose, Pinot Noir, Cab Sav, etc.). Limits were still $12 per drink for Plus and $18 for Premiere and the prices of drinks/wines were virtually the same as our cruise in August 2022 ($8-$10 per drink on average for spirits/martini's/wines. For the MDR, there was a more extensive wine list in the App (found under the Dining Room menu) with most of the choices for full bottles only. We did not make it to Vines to see what the choices/prices were there.

Thank you for the information.

So, Princess is not honoring the $15 limit, despite clearly stating it as currently included with the Plus Package when one looks at their Personalizer?

Do they have a bunch of monkeys at the helm of their IT dept.?

I'm curious as to the people that may be purchasing 'Drop & Go'/'Last-Minute' offers for sailings occuring before Feb 20th -- Are the packages being offered to them at the previous prices, or the updated prices, and if the latter, what are their drink price limits?

51 minutes ago, Skai said:

So, Princess is not honoring the $15 limit, despite clearly stating it as currently included with the Plus Package when one looks at their Personalizer?

My thoughts on this is that since the 'new' upgraded packages don't come into play until next month (Feb. 20 or whatever the specific date is), the drink prices had NOT increased thus we still had the $12 price guideline for Plus drinks. My assumptions are that on/after Feb. 20, the prices of drinks may go up and the $15 drink limit for Plus will be in effect - as I say, this is my thought/guess only! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SClakeliving said:

Which Vodka's are in the Plus allowance? Titos, Grey Goose ?

On our Sky Princess cruise last week, Tito's and Grey Goose were both included with our Plus package we purchased when we booked the cruise close to a year ago.

17 minutes ago, bagney said:

My thoughts on this is that since the 'new' upgraded packages don't come into play until next month (Feb. 20 or whatever the specific date is), the drink prices had NOT increased thus we still had the $12 price guideline for Plus drinks. My assumptions are that on/after Feb. 20, the prices of drinks may go up and the $15 drink limit for Plus will be in effect - as I say, this is my thought/guess only! 

This would be a logical conclusion with all things considered.

Yet, the wording in the Personalizer states otherwise.  I'm wondering if anyone has actually 'tested the waters' so-to-speak as far Princess honoring that specific wording.

We're certainly prepared to accept the previous limit, as the package was included as part of a generous focused promotion, but I'm still curious if others that may currently be receiving (and booking) under the same offer are aware of what the previous limit was, and are only going by what their Personalizer states.

FWIW, we booked our cruise only a week(or two) before the announced switch-over.

We are currently on the Sky. Here are the pages from tonight’s dining room wine menu.

Though the plus selections only list generics, cross matching the bin numbers to the more complete menu on the in-room tv menus, they are pouring:

bin 12 Prosecco- Val D’OCa

bin 102 Pinot Grigio- Canyon Road

bin 122 Riesling- Crane Lake

bin 135 Grüner Veltliner- Laurenz V. Singing

bin 167 Sauvignon Blanc- Santa Helena

bin 242 Chardonnay- Canyon Road

bin 327 Rose- Gran Arauracaria

bin 547 Pinot Noir- Castle Rock

bin 657 Shiraz- Tisdale

bin 687 Merlot- Morpho Helena

bin 742 Cabernet Sauvignon- Canyon Road

bin 817 Malbec- Morpho Helena

bin 872 Red Blend- Aqui

bin 675 Carmenere- Errazuriz

Hope this helps.

2E9DE2C0-D32D-4031-BC7C-D43333CB05DE.jpeg

88303F0F-73D0-4933-A1EB-C43898A02426.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I agree. For me squirrel juice (look at the label) is better than either Glendiddich or Glenlivet.

If you ever get the chance visit Aberfeldy. It’s a beautiful part of highland Perthshire.

It certainly is - I went to school there!  

• Like 2