Will my cabin be serviced on Embarkation day?

Sherrica

I understand NCL is switching to one cabin service per day, which should be fine for me except I realized I am accustomed to leaving a tip with a note informing our cabin service of our additional needs in time for turn down service on the first night (ie: Ice, one additional bath towel for my hair, etc.).  Can anyone who has sailed since the change took place confirm that we still have service on Embarkation day? If not, how did you handle asking for ice and towels etc.?

Are robes still provided for balcony guests (on request)?

I need the extra towel to dry my hair in the morning. I know it seems like a small thing, but if I don’t have the right number of towels it diminishes my experience and I don’t want to have to hound someone to get them every day.  Some cabin stewards get it right from the get-go and I never have to ask again, but some need to be reminded to leave my extra towel daily (and yes, I can save my towels and use then an extra day, but if I do that, they might take my husband's towel and see there are two towels hanging and forget to leave the 3rd, or if I try to switch out all the towels, they leave just two, etc.). Previously, if they forgot my towel during the morning cleaning I had a second chance to get it in the evening. 

Thank you in advance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing that the first day the steward will be around.  (We just got home from the Breakaway and they seemed to still service rooms twice a day.)   

I have two notes for room steward that I bring along every cruise.  They are hand-written, but laminated for re-use.   One says "We need eggcrate mattress please" and I leave both on the bed.  The other says "Please empty the Fridge".  These have worked well when we haven't met our steward that first day.  

As for the hair towel,  I totally understand that as I have longer length hair.  Have you tried a Microfiber Turbie Twist hair towel?  They are fast drying and I never leave home without one now.

I'm an American and I always need ice.  The stereotype is real, lol.  As for the extra towel, I would just take a clean dry one and put it away in a drawer or closet every day so the room steward doesn't "clean it up".  I do the same with wine glasses and cutlery I want to hold onto in the room.

Edited by Travelling2Some

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

I'm an American and I always need ice.  The stereotype is real, lol.  As for the extra towel, I would just take a clean dry one and put it away in a drawer or closet every day so the room steward doesn't "clean it up".  I do the same with wine glasses and cutlery I want to hold onto in the room.

With servicing in the morning, you ice bucket will be a pot of water by the evening. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

With servicing in the morning, you ice bucket will be a pot of water by the evening. 

Oh well, I will have to add NCL ships to Europe as a whole in my never ending quest for ice cubes.  But, seriously, there is plenty of ice in the buffet and I am fine with getting it myself, so no worries.

Edited by Travelling2Some

1 minute ago, Davechipp74 said:

Would that be North, Central, or South?

You can't possibly assume we would all know what you are referring to.

Sure I can.  Especially since my avatar clearly says New York.  I was jokingly admitting to the one of the stereotypes.  It's just ice.  No need to take ourselves so seriously.

• Like 4

I may not have mentioned I'm traveling with my husband.  If we start with 2 bath towels,  then I am short one towel.  I won't have an extra towel to hide. I guess I can use a pool towel.  We usually keep the ice bucket in the mini fridge.