Upgrade 6 days before cruise?

nefcoadman

Hi ,

We are booked on the Volendam March 13. We originaly booke a BC Guarantee(Verandah) as it was the only category available.Just today, we received our assignment, and no upgrade:( They have opened up cabins in AA,B,BB for only about a hundred or two more than our booking. Our TA

called and inquired about a PAID upgrade. They were informed that in order to do this we would have to cancel and rebook. That would mean losing our whole payment! It seems odd to me that they dont want more money from a customer to make them happy. Any advice on how to handle this?

Oh we were assigned a cabin at the very front, starboard.Hoping to upgrade to midship AA.

Thanks in advance for your input

Hi ,

We are booked on the Volendam March 13. We originaly booke a BC Guarantee(Verandah) as it was the only category available.Just today, we received our assignment, and no upgrade:( They have opened up cabins in AA,B,BB for only about a hundred or two more than our booking. Our TA

called and inquired about a PAID upgrade. They were informed that in order to do this we would have to cancel and rebook. That would mean losing our whole payment! It seems odd to me that they dont want more money from a customer to make them happy. Any advice on how to handle this?

Oh we were assigned a cabin at the very front, starboard.Hoping to upgrade to midship AA.

Thanks in advance for your input

UPDATE! My TA didnt give up. She called her sales agent and they moved us to an AA cabin for only 77.00! Thats why I would ONLY use a trusted TA.

They work hard for you.

Marie,

When you consider how much you have to spend to travel these days, it is well worth it to find a travel agent whom you can trust and to whom you are loyal. As a real estate broker who works on commission, I can attest to the fact that loyal customers (who use an agent's services repeatedly and/or will refer their agent to their friends and colleagues) will always take priority over one shot customers. On line brokers know that they will probably do only one deal with any one customer, therefore they have to take care of each transaction as quickly as possible and then go on to the next customer.

I met our TA when I sold him his home 10 years ago. At that point we really got to know each other. Now he books all of our travel, including 3 to 4 cruises a year plus hotels and rental cars. He also books our air tickets (including those for which we use miles) even though the airlines no longer pay him any commission. He even gets us whatever discounts that he can. When we have problems during our trips, he takes care of them. The few extra dollars that we may end up paying by not using a discount on line TA come back to us many times in the security of knowing that we can relax and enjoy our vacations while Bob takes care of any emergencies and mix-ups.

Archived