Apex MDR food

beej210

Can someone who has been on Apex in 2023 comment on food quality in the MDRs?  Reading about all these changes is making me think I need to book a 7 night speciality dining package but then I worry about not getting good reservations for the speciality restaurants because having to wait to book those onboard.  What to do?

2 hours ago, beej210 said:

Can someone who has been on Apex in 2023 comment on food quality in the MDRs?  Reading about all these changes is making me think I need to book a 7 night speciality dining package but then I worry about not getting good reservations for the speciality restaurants because having to wait to book those onboard.  What to do?

Not been on the Apex but the food on the Edge was very good and also the Reflecton last year. Some favorites may be missing but you will have a great experence and great food. You get to eat in 3 dinning rooms for free every night no need to do a speciality restaurants for dinner. I just do not care for the speciality restaurants because I do not want to plan ahead as to where I want to eat or have. People complain guess they like to but I have never had a bad meal on a cruise.

• Like 1

I’ve been on both the Apex (Nov 2021) and Beyond (Oct 2022). I have personally found all four of the MDR to be very good. We were on the Millennium last week. We found the MDR to be very good. You will not be disappointed with MDR.

Food on Apex was superb on all of our three cruises on her. Plus, since all the main dining rooms have different signature dishes,  the choice on E class is huge - regardless of a few items maybe taken off the regular rotating Celebrity menu.

I have recent experience on Apex. Food quality is pretty standard Celebrity since the restart - fine. It does seem like with the entrees the portion size might be a little smaller than previously (subjective observation obviously). The main concern is the decrease of options. Yes, one can order off of any of the 4 MDR menus. Some options have disappeared, though. The food quality has not taken a hit in any way IMO. 

Example: lobster is still fine, you just get one per person unless you want to pay more or can convince a table mate to share theirs!

Edited by TrueCruiseaholic
  • Like 3