Getting off of Harmony in Miami and getting to FLL.

kycruisr

This was my reply in a NCL thread a few weeks ago.  Should apply here also.

Just got off the Sky in MIA this morning.  Our flight was at 11:05 am leaving FLL to YYZ.   We did self disembarkation, left the ship when the all clear was given at 7:40.  Cleared American Customs (they just checked our passports and asked a few questions) which was just located outside Deck 6.  Walked thru the main terminal and got into a taxi which was just parked outside the terminal.  Got to the FLL airport at 8:30 ish and thru airport security in another 10 minutes.  (The wait at the Starbucks inside terminal 2 was longer than the security wait time.)

It is definitely doable, but everything has to be trouble free.  Would I do it again, not if I have other flight options (this flight was booked by NCL).  Our schedule was flexible so I wasn't too worried about missing the outbound flight.  It was stressful until we sat down at our departure gate. 

FYI, the taxi ride was $104 plus tip.  Our NCL transfer bus was not even at the terminal, and as someone else said, they don't leave until the bus is full....definitely not an option worth risking.

12 minutes ago, LeeW said:

We used ridesas.com for a transfer.  Pickup is 7-8:45 and goes directly to FLL.  You call them as you go into the customs hall and they will tell you where the vans are.  Cost was $15pp.

Have used them multiple times. Very pleased and booked with them for our Oasis departure on Sun with a flight departing FLL.

My travel  agent said to use a taxi as they are waiting  outside the cruise  terminal. But for the very short  ride to FLL $104 + seems outrageous. Was that the exception? Our flight is scheduled  for 2:35 PM. 

3 minutes ago, Willwils said:

My travel  agent said to use a taxi as they are waiting  outside the cruise  terminal. But for the very short  ride to FLL $104 + seems outrageous. Was that the exception? Our flight is scheduled  for 2:35 PM. 

Wait... I misread the thread. I'll be disembarking at Port Everglades Ft Lauderdale) going to nearby FLL. Is taxi, Uber or something like ridesas.com the best? 

On 1/19/2023 at 7:47 PM, LeeW said:

We used ridesas.com for a transfer.  Pickup is 7-8:45 and goes directly to FLL.  You call them as you go into the customs hall and they will tell you where the vans are.  Cost was $15pp.

We have used SAS as well.  It should be noted that the ride should be pre-booked, on their website, and then you call them just before you go into Customs.

7 minutes ago, Willwils said:

Just did this yesterday! Disembarked Oasis in Miami @ 9:30 for our 2PM flight out of FLL (as it was $99 pp cheaper than MIA).

Used SAS Transportation (www.ridesas.com); $15 pp and only 10 passengers. Have used them many times between FLL & POM or area hotels as listed on their website. (No p/ups or dropoffs @ MIA).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Just did this yesterday! Disembarked Oasis in Miami @ 9:30 for our 2PM flight out of FLL (as it was $99 pp cheaper than MIA).

Used SAS Transportation (www.ridesas.com); $15 pp and only 10 passengers. Have used them many times between FLL & POM or area hotels as listed on their website. (No p/ups or dropoffs @ MIA).

Glad to hear all the positive comments about SAS.  We're using them in April for a family of 11.

1 hour ago, Willwils said:

Wait... I misread the thread. I'll be disembarking at Port Everglades Ft Lauderdale) going to nearby FLL. Is taxi, Uber or something like ridesas.com the best? 

taxi or Uber would be best for Port Everglades to FLL (or the other way). It's only several miles away, and the taxi ride is usually around $20-25 depending on what terminals you are at. Uber is around $20 as well. Holidays and such result in higher rates.

Make sure the taxi runs a meter, or they'll dupe you like they did us - $50 for that ride...

If you are the only person, compare shuttle prices with taxi/uber before deciding.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Have done this as well.

Used SAS transportation and they were wonderful and so pleasant.  Very affordable.

Got off ship by 7:00am and were picked up by SAS.  had to pick up another couple from another ship but were in the security line at FLL by 8:00am

Our flight left at 11:37am

Easy peasy