Can you book an eight person cabana at Coco Cay and take turns with more than eight people?

Katems75

7 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

The subject line says it all...can a larger group book an eight person cabana and then just take turns using it, or do the same eight people need to use it all day?

Thanks!

You get wristbands that can't easily be removed and put on again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

The subject line says it all...can a larger group book an eight person cabana and then just take turns using it, or do the same eight people need to use it all day?

Thanks!

I think I attended a time-share presentation that you sponsored. 🤣

I am getting my 🍺 and 🍕, settling into my EZ chair to watch the responses.

🥳

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I think I attended a time-share presentation that you sponsored. 🤣

I am getting my 🍺 and 🍕, settling into my EZ chair to watch the responses.

🥳

Hopefully no need for any poor responses.  I honestly do not know how this works and was looking for the answer here!  If it's eight specific people then it's eight specific people and that is that.  Not looking to cheat RC, just looking to see how it all works (have only cruised once in my life).

Thank you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katems75 said:

Hopefully no need for any poor responses.  I honestly do not know how this works and was looking for the answer here!  If it's eight specific people then it's eight specific people and that is that.  Not looking to cheat RC, just looking to see how it all works (have only cruised once in my life).

Thank you!

I am sorry, did not mean to offend you.

I have never a cabana. Please look at the cabana pages. If your cabana includes any type of special access, in most cases, you will need to designate the names of those persons so they can get wristbands for the water park attraction which in your case is no more than eight. I can see no other reason to ask such a question unless you are trying to share the cabana with more than eight people. If you are paying for eight people, I really think the question answers itself.

I made my comment because you are going to get all types of responses with none of them guaranteed to be correct. Many of the posters will start contradicting the opinions of other posters. You will get many answers but none of them may apply in your case. You cannot take any answer on this blog to Royal Caribbean and hold them to it.

I would most likely ask that question to an Royal Caribbean Travel Advisor.

21 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I am sorry, did not mean to offend you.

I have never a cabana. Please look at the cabana pages. If your cabana includes any type of special access, in most cases, you will need to designate the names of those persons so they can get wristbands for the water park attraction which in your case is no more than eight. I can see no other reason to ask such a question unless you are trying to share the cabana with more than eight people. If you are paying for eight people, I really think the question answers itself.

I made my comment because you are going to get all types of responses with none of them guaranteed to be correct. Many of the posters will start contradicting the opinions of other posters. You will get many answers but none of them may apply in your case. You cannot take any answer on this blog to Royal Caribbean and hold them to it.

I would most likely ask that question to an Royal Caribbean Travel Advisor.

No offense taken, but based on your post I thought it best to let others know my post was purely for knowledge and not for cheating the system.  We do have more than eight people, yes, and were wondering if it was a SPECIFIC eight, or if it was more like only eight people could be in it at one time so people could trade off.  There's no water park perk with these, just a cabana.

I appreciate the intel!  Think we'll skip this as we can't afford two and can't choose between our large party as to who gets to be part of the special eight, either. Ah well!

• Like 1

We had a Chill Island Cabana last March and got wristbands. The area, while not roped off, is monitored and they don't let people without wristbands enter that part of the beach. So if you are looking at a Chill Island cabana, I'd say that it's for a set group of eight specific people. I can't speak as to how the other cabana areas are run. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tlreze said:

I was told by Royal that on board you can buy a pass for 2 more at $50 each for a total of 10 on the cabana

Oh that's interesting!  Do you know if it applies to the over the water cabanas or the beach cabanas or any of the others?