Grand Cayman - Bars on board 2023

Dar & Bob

We were on the Celebrity Equinox from 1/12 to 1/21/2023 -  one of our ports was Grand Cayman. When we got back on board we were told due to Grand Cayman's current laws that the ship could not have more than 1 bar open while in GC waters.  Just curious if anyone else has sailed since 1/1/2023 and if this is the same on other cruise lines.  

I really think this is just a Celebrity thing.  I haven’t seen it mentioned in the NCL forum at all, or heard anything about it in the Cayman news.  You might try looking up some of the non-Celebrity ships that have visited this month, and post in those roll calls to confirm.

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

They better be open on NCL for our upcoming cruise. Since Grand Cayman is a tender port, we plan to stay on the ship and have the Prima to ourselves...especially the bars.

Reports from last week’s Prima roll call say that Vibe was open for sure, as that’s where he spent the day, and his memory suggests that all the other bars were open too.  He hadn’t heard or seen anything about bar closures on the ship while in port.

Although, IMO you’re missing out if you don’t visit Cayman.  It’s a great place, my favourite island.

Edited by bookbabe