Galveston hotel to Ship/Allure by Uber/Lyft, did anyone have problems getting transportation?

swdke

We have a hotel booked in Galveston the night before the cruise.  Plan is to take Uber/Lyft to ship as our hotel doesn't appear to have a shuttle.  I was wondering if others have had issues with getting a car to pick them up.  If you did, what time were you planning on taking a car, and when did one actually show up?  Are there other transportation options in Galveston from hotel to Ship?  Thanks.

We did uber in late April 2022 from the Galveston Island Hilton Resort on the waterfront, opposite side of island from the cruiseport.  First Uber car showed up with her car full of her personal stuff, and left seeing us with two full sized suitcases and my FlowRider board bag.  Next Uber showed up, and said, since we were early, she thought she could take us right to the door.  And she did.  She showed where she is supposed to drop people, and it would have been a 5 to 10 minute walk.  Not a biggee, but I would definitely consider a cab if that had actually happened.  I would do some research on the Galveston port discussions to see if that situation is still occurring.  The uber was less than 15$ with tip.  Easy trip.  We departed our hotel a bit after 10AM.  

JC

28 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We did uber in late April 2022 from the Galveston Island Hilton Resort on the waterfront, opposite side of island from the cruiseport.  First Uber car showed up with her car full of her personal stuff, and left seeing us with two full sized suitcases and my FlowRider board bag.  Next Uber showed up, and said, since we were early, she thought she could take us right to the door.  And she did.  She showed where she is supposed to drop people, and it would have been a 5 to 10 minute walk.  Not a biggee, but I would definitely consider a cab if that had actually happened.  I would do some research on the Galveston port discussions to see if that situation is still occurring.  The uber was less than 15$ with tip.  Easy trip.  We departed our hotel a bit after 10AM.  

JC

April 2022 was the old terminal and there was someone in a gate house. Hit or miss how close they dropped you. The new terminal doesnt have anyone checking so far. 

I did once have trouble with the cheap uber and had to pay more for comfort. 

On 1/23/2023 at 9:14 AM, firefly333 said:

No one is checking. 

My experience as well.  The app won't allow you to select the port for pick-up or drop-off, but if you have contact with the driver before the pick-up, they'll try accommodate you.