Mocktail Beverage Package

pudy68

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The refreshment package is the one that gives you non-alcoholic drinks, coffees, bottled waters  and protein shakes and fresh pressed juices (on ships with a vitality cafe). 

I think that milkshakes need the dining package. 

No, milkshakes are included in the refreshment package.  Why would they be in the dining package?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The refreshment package is the one that gives you non-alcoholic drinks, coffees, bottled waters  and protein shakes and fresh pressed juices (on ships with a vitality cafe). 

I think that milkshakes need the dining package. 

Milkshakes are part of the refreshment package.

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, milkshakes are included in the refreshment package.  Why would they be in the dining package?

I don't know, but when we were on Symphony I recall the milkshake being charged to our dining package, and the root beer float being charged to the beverage package. I figured it was because ice cream is more like a food. Although root beer float has ice cream too, so I don't know.

I just recall them asking us if we had the dining package when we ordered the milkshake, but asking in a way that made it sound like she was saying we needed it for the milkshake. But it's also possible that because we also ordered food, the waitress may have assumed we thought we could order it with the dining package and the language barrier made it sound like she was "telling" us rather than asking.

We had both the dining and refreshment so she may have figured that out on her own and charged it to the refreshment and didn't say anything to me about it. I just remember that when we ordered the milkshake, she didn't ask if we had the refreshment package. The root beer float was definitely the refreshment because I asked when we ordered it separately later.

Sounds like milkshake is refreshment based on everyone else's replies so I guess it is. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, pudy68 said:

According to this link, no beverage package includes any type of shake. Bummer, but I will survive! Thanks!

@pudy68My refreshment package for my upcoming cruise has this description:  Shakes included

What's Included

• Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
  • Fountain soda and refills at any venue
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fresh-squeezed juices
  • Johnny Rockets Shakes
  • Coca-Cola souvenir cup
Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

@pudy68My refreshment package for my upcoming cruise has this description:  Shakes included

What's Included

• Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
  • Fountain soda and refills at any venue
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fresh-squeezed juices
  • Johnny Rockets Shakes
  • Coca-Cola souvenir cup

I was looking at the link provided to me above, which must be generic.  I'll have to check again once I'm signed into my planner.  Perhaps that option is displayed when there are dining venues that have shakes, like JR.  I think the MOTS has JR, so that would be primo!

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the refreshment package includes the specialty coffee

at "cafe Latte-tudes"?  It looks like they serve it in "Starbucks cups" and I've read

Starbucks is not included in refreshment package. We will be on Brilliance

and they do not have a "Starbucks".

18 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Does anyone know if the refreshment package includes the specialty coffee

at "cafe Latte-tudes"?  It looks like they serve it in "Starbucks cups" and I've read

Starbucks is not included in refreshment package. We will be on Brilliance

and they do not have a "Starbucks".

Yes, it will include Cafe Latte-tudes.   Royal confused things when they switched to using Starbucks beans in their own cafes.   What is not included is anything from a freestanding and branded (official) Starbucks, which quite a few ships do have, but not all.   For the actual Starbucks stores/kiosks, you are able to use your own Starbucks card/Starbucks gift cards.   Clear as mud?  😛  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

Yes, it will include Cafe Latte-tudes.   Royal confused things when they switched to using Starbucks beans in their own cafes.   What is not included is anything from a freestanding and branded (official) Starbucks, which quite a few ships do have, but not all.   For the actual Starbucks stores/kiosks, you are able to use your own Starbucks card/Starbucks gift cards.   Clear as mud?  😛  

Thank you.

5 hours ago, pudy68 said:

I was looking at the link provided to me above, which must be generic.  I'll have to check again once I'm signed into my planner.  Perhaps that option is displayed when there are dining venues that have shakes, like JR.  I think the MOTS has JR, so that would be primo!

OK, I went into the app and it still doesn't mention anything about milkshakes in the refreshment package. At $26.99 [sale price!!] per person/per night, that's a lot of drinks.  Might be better to buy everything a la carte. 

(I hear that mocktails are $7 each.  I'm guessing Johnny Rockets milkshakes are about the same.  I won't have a milkshake every day, that's sadly for sure.)

We always purchase the refreshment package. I am sober fabulous (curious) so I do not indulge in alcohol often and my kids (obviously at 14/16) don't drink either. The price tag may seem high but if you drink often it's worth it. I personally will go through 2-3 coffee's a day, a few mocktails, ridiculous amounts of sparkling and flat water. It would cost me twice as much if I paid ala cart for my beverages. My kids also drink coffee's (only 1 MAYBE 2 at the most), mocktails (my 14 year old loves the Watermelon Mint Lemonade mocktail) and they both drink a lot of water. It ends up being either worth it or a break even for our family but everyone has different habits. I'm just one of those people who has a beverage in hand at all times, I have coffee and sparkling water in front of me right now in fact 😄

All that being said, RCL has an awesome mocktail menu and tons of NA beverages available and most of the time the bartenders can create something special if you ask (and tip). NA beverages range from $3.50 - $8.50 (specialty coffee) so keep your own habits in mind when looking at price per day. 

Happy cruising!! 

• Thanks 1