Grandeur propulsion issues?

ramja96

On "another social media" site, it was announced that Grandeur has been experiencing propulsion issues, and as a result, is being forced to modify some of it's itineraries. I searched for some sort of confirmation of this statement, but can find none (including here on CC).  Can anyone offer confirmation or denial? TIA

• Like 1

Did the same 9 night itinerary  RLMorgan posted above, just returned home last Sunday.

The ship can generally hit 18 and 19 knots, but that is it.  

The wait staff in MDR said the new menus were to appear this week, so we still had the old classics on the menu.  

One of the centrum elevators was out the entire week, and a couple of other elevators kept cancelling your floor request.  That is, you are on 4 and press to go up to 9.  Someone on 5 has it stop there, and as the door opens, the button lighted for 9th floor goes out.  So you would to constantly reenter the floor you were after or could go anywhere, including back down.

We caught Chops on a bad night.  Giovanni’s was a solid 10 though.

Eddie

• Like 2

When we set sail 1/8, I was in the spa which is aft and there was so much steady vibration that that panels were rattling continuously, quite a racket, not tranquil at all, and I noticed it at other times throughout the cruise. Definitely added to the feeling that the ship is old. Fortunately my cabin was forward so I didn't feel vibration there. Did y'all feel the vibration?

Edited by goldfish65

On 1/26/2023 at 7:06 PM, Eddie Wilson said:

Did the same 9 night itinerary  RLMorgan posted above, just returned home last Sunday.

The ship can generally hit 18 and 19 knots, but that is it.  

The wait staff in MDR said the new menus were to appear this week, so we still had the old classics on the menu.  

One of the centrum elevators was out the entire week, and a couple of other elevators kept cancelling your floor request.  That is, you are on 4 and press to go up to 9.  Someone on 5 has it stop there, and as the door opens, the button lighted for 9th floor goes out.  So you would to constantly reenter the floor you were after or could go anywhere, including back down.

We caught Chops on a bad night.  Giovanni’s was a solid 10 though.

Eddie

That same elevator was out on my b2b Grandeur cruise in December. I think she needs a "mini" dry dock.