Princess excursion: Transfer from Southhampton to Heathrow via Windsor Town

LindaConn

On the day, our 12 day British Isles cruise ends, we hope to take this excursion/transfer from Princess: Transfer from Southhampton to Heathrow via Windsor Town (not the castle). Our flight to the states leaves about 5:15 PM….the listed time of the excursion/transfer is 7:30AM-1:15PM….my question is: Do we get to the airport at 1:15PM or are we done at Windsor Town at 1:15 PM with an hour plus drive to airport ahead of us. Usually there is an “Excursion Details” tab available to read(which would probably answer this question) as you choose your excursion/transfer….there is none on this one. I have called Princess twice about this…the 2 people I talked with told me they “think it probably means we leave Windsor at 1:15” but they really were not sure…and said there was no one they could ask!! Seems like a basic question to me…..has anyone ever taken this? Or does anyone have an answer to this? 

21 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

On the day, our 12 day British Isles cruise ends, we hope to take this excursion/transfer from Princess: Transfer from Southhampton to Heathrow via Windsor Town (not the castle). Our flight to the states leaves about 5:15 PM….the listed time of the excursion/transfer is 7:30AM-1:15PM….my question is: Do we get to the airport at 1:15PM or are we done at Windsor Town at 1:15 PM with an hour plus drive to airport ahead of us. Usually there is an “Excursion Details” tab available to read(which would probably answer this question) as you choose your excursion/transfer….there is none on this one. I have called Princess twice about this…the 2 people I talked with told me they “think it probably means we leave Windsor at 1:15” but they really were not sure…and said there was no one they could ask!! Seems like a basic question to me…..has anyone ever taken this? Or does anyone have an answer to this? 

The excursion is over at 1:15, so it should be the time of arrival at Heathrow.  They wouldn’t leave you at Windsor.  The excursions desk at PCL should know this.  If this is a debark tour or transfer they take you to the airport.  You also have to put flight information in, when you book the transfer/tour. 

You need to checkin at LHR at most carriers, 3 hours before departure. 

30 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

The excursion is over at 1:15, so it should be the time of arrival at Heathrow.  They wouldn’t leave you at Windsor.  The excursions desk at PCL should know this.  If this is a debark tour or transfer they take you to the airport.  You also have to put flight information in, when you book the transfer/tour. 

You need to checkin at LHR at most carriers, 3 hours before departure. 

When you get past security area, find a seat near one of the gate board.  They do not post gate number until close to boarding time with no announcement over the loud speaker (even if you could understand speaker announcements).

In June, we had a 5:05pm flight terminal 2.  We took Princess post excursion to Stonehenge. We even had a stop at Salisbury, we got out and walked to the outside of the church.  This stop was not listed under the excursion information.  We were given a certain time to return to the bus at Stonehenge.  There were many kiosks to checkin /luggage tags. A line for kiosks for your boarding pass and a lines for security.  We had plenty of time to walk through some stores, bathroom, sitting waiting.

Edited by phabric

This is a great way to get from Southampton to Heathrow. We did a similar excursion but ours went to Stonehenge and then left us at Heathrow. It's great because you don't have to deal with your luggage until you get to the airport.