$10 credit at grounds club can it be used for tea?

jameslee

The $10 PER CABIN per day credit at The Grounds Club can be used for anything at The Grounds Club that has a cost.....tea, coffee, coffee with alcohol in it, hot chocolate (made from powder).  There is no cost for the food there, so just drinks.  You will see a charge on the app and it will then "fall off" supposedly overnight.  As above, if it doesn't, make a trip or app chat with Sailor Services.  No, your coffee will not be deducted from your bar tab if you have the Deep Blue Extras, unless you exceed the $10 per cabin per day.  If by some mistake it is, again contact Sailor Services.

15 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

It looks like as long as it’s from Grounds club it’s included. 

I think it might also come down to who you get "back of house" clearing the costs. Like most of the VV charges its done manually by someone in the office. They might look at status / cabin and just go "grounds club $9 today, clear that", or they might open the bill and go "booze, leave it on". It does state coffee, and generally its viewed as a hand made drink, so i think booze, cans of stuff and packs of coffee beans etc might be pushing it a little. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jameslee said:

Ok I checked and got coffee charges first day and second day but it is forth day and it didn’t fall off yet I was told by sailor services it will be taken off at the end last day of cruise

if you still see them the morning you disembark, go to sailor services.  still fighting over a stupid $10 refund from last month... made sure all charges were clear before stepping foot of the ship on my jan voyage!

• Like 2

On 1/30/2023 at 1:09 AM, Lustate said:

I think it might also come down to who you get "back of house" clearing the costs. Like most of the VV charges its done manually by someone in the office. They might look at status / cabin and just go "grounds club $9 today, clear that", or they might open the bill and go "booze, leave it on". It does state coffee, and generally its viewed as a hand made drink, so i think booze, cans of stuff and packs of coffee beans etc might be pushing it a little. 

I can confirm, added booze shots do not come off of the bill.  Neither does coffee purchased through places other than the grounds clubs (restaurant dessert drink menus, ship eats). I thought I was being clever ordering it through ship eats to cover the delivery fee and then have the cost removed, but instead it just resulted in lukewarm coffee that I had to pay for.

39 minutes ago, ociana said:

I can confirm, added booze shots do not come off of the bill.  Neither does coffee purchased through places other than the grounds clubs (restaurant dessert drink menus, ship eats). I thought I was being clever ordering it through ship eats to cover the delivery fee and then have the cost removed, but instead it just resulted in lukewarm coffee that I had to pay for.

Correct that the Deep Blue Extras is only good for beverages purchased at THe Grounds Club, not premium items ordered thru other sources (like Ship Eats.) I can confirm that our specialty tea and hot chocolate from The Grounds Club did have the cost reversed thru Deep Blue Extras. I see the "double dipping" you were trying to do, but that won't work.

And, I'd still rather pay for tea leaves thru Ship Eats than just pay the $5 delivery charge.  I'm afraid to try the juice because the tea water and soup broth is served in the same carafes that are used for coffee--meaning that they acquire the coffee taste and smell.  The tea comes as tea leaves with the brewing pot and I can get hot water from The Grounds Club or The Galley ....usually the next morning because I don't want to go running around at night.  Of course, if you want alcohol, you can order that thru Ship Eats and save the delivery charge.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ociana said:

someone either here, reddit, or 1 of the 75 VV FB groups i'm in reported that it came off everywhere, but i'm guessing that was just a glitch (or they complained and complained about how they were right until the charges disappeared 🙄)

i'm mostly a rule-follower, especially when it comes to getting charged for stuff vs. not, so i'll stick to my goody goody ways and keep getting those grounds club coffees hahaha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _tacocat_ said:

someone either here, reddit, or 1 of the 75 VV FB groups i'm in reported that it came off everywhere, but i'm guessing that was just a glitch (or they complained and complained about how they were right until the charges disappeared 🙄)

i'm mostly a rule-follower, especially when it comes to getting charged for stuff vs. not, so i'll stick to my goody goody ways and keep getting those grounds club coffees hahaha

Lol either way I have enough bar tab and loot including splash or romance and Deep Blue extras it really won’t matter where it comes out of. 😎

• Like 1

I sailed twice this month and just came off last Sunday.

The coffee price is almost always $4 and my charges showed up in my wallet the same day I purchased the coffee.  They mysteriously disappeared the next day.  I drank 2-3 a day and my bar loot picked up the extra $2.  It's great 🙂