Captain Albert's Blog

JennysUncle

We hope that HAL will be asking Captain Albert back into active service so that he can resume his informative blog posts - and for the valuable crew training exercises and safety inspections that benefit us all.  He is still updating the Current Captains list, and says he is working on his HAL history.

The direct link to Captain Albert's blog seems to have disappeared from the top of the Holland America blog (www.hollandamerica.com/blog) in December, but it still exists at its own address www.captainalbert.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Several of my more favorite captains are over at Seabourne, including Captain Bart.  With the cost cutting measures, I'm not expecting to see Captain Albert return.  He is a wealth of information! Copper John, who posts here, is also a Holland America ex employee who knows a lot of history.

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

On Eurodam recently, I enjoyed seeing the many B&W photos of HAL ships in the hallways. Many of them were credited to Captain Albert. I wish he would do a book of those photos. I found them fascinating.

He did write this book for the 145th anniversary of HAL. http://gbooksinternational.nl/product/one-hundred-and-forty-five-years-holland-america-line-2018-albert-j-schoonderbeek/

• Thanks 1