Azamara pricing

ian1stanley

Hi all, need some guidance on Azamara pricing and what is possible. I have looked at 'discounters' and find their prices are the same as the cruise line's own website. but my issue is that the same cruise on Azamara's own websites can be substantially cheaper on the .com site vs the .co.uk. i was looking at cruise 22 april 2023 for italiy and adriatic. Obviously the .com prices are in USD but the same Cabin and cruise price in USD on Azamara.com comes in a good 20% cheaper than the equivalent on Azamara.co.uk given current exchange rates, even allowing for the port fees etc, azamara.com adds on top. so my question is can i book on .com even if I live in the UK and just pay in USD ? has anyone else done this ? is this a problem across all cruise lines ?

1 minute ago, ian1stanley said:

Hi all, need some guidance on Azamara pricing and what is possible. I have looked at 'discounters' and find their prices are the same as the cruise line's own website. but my issue is that the same cruise on Azamara's own websites can be substantially cheaper on the .com site vs the .co.uk. i was looking at cruise 22 april 2023 for italiy and adriatic. Obviously the .com prices are in USD but the same Cabin and cruise price in USD on Azamara.com comes in a good 20% cheaper than the equivalent on Azamara.co.uk given current exchange rates, even allowing for the port fees etc, azamara.com adds on top. so my question is can i book on .com even if I live in the UK and just pay in USD ? has anyone else done this ? is this a problem across all cruise lines ?

Welcome to CruiseCritic.

Here is a link to the TOC listing of topics on the forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com

And here is a link to the section specific to Azamara:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/362-azamara/

If you post your question there, you'll get the eyes of those who are familiar with that cruise line and their policies.

Also, note that in addition to any price differences due to exchange rates, there may also be differences in bookings in different countries due to different regulations, including refund policies and also perks.  Those may be affecting pricing as well.

GC

2 hours ago, ian1stanley said:

When comparing prices, look at the fine print to see what's included.  Some .coms don't include port charges and fees.  Some have specials for all inclusive pricing ( gratuities, port charges, drinks and specialty meals).  I never cruised with Azamara, so I don't know what they include in the fare.

UK prices are probably "all in"  price  with taxes & fees included  as per your laws on travel companies

If you check with a .com company  ask for the bottom line   not just the advertised price you see

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ian1stanley said:

By booking on the US website you are subject to their Terms & Conditions, which do not include the same consumer protection laws you have in the UK. I would also be diligent in comparing the entire scope, as UK cruises tend to be more inclusive, whereas US pricing has numerous additional costs.

Another risk of booking on the US site is currency fluctuations. I have tracked the Sterling exchange rate daily, for the past year, and it has fluctuated widely.

Therefore, what seems like a good deal, may end up costing more. However, as with all risks, it pays to research thoroughly and only you can determine if the additional risks of booking on the US website are worth the reward.