NO insurnace increase when adding O Pre-Tour

MSEm

We are adding a pre-tour to an O booking. The TA is quoting the same cost for O trip insurance with or without the added O Pre-tour. She states that is the quoted price from O.

This does not seem correct to me.

Had TA go back to O.  "Yes"  I was correct that the addition of the O pre-tour does increase the cost of the insurance.  I am being quoted the increased price for the insurance.  I want to see an invoice showing Cruise, pre-tour and the insurance before I make a deposit.

Next time I may very well just book directly and skip the TA.

Because of our age, O Cruise insurance is cheaper than purchasing through others. When we were younger, we purchased insurance with a 3rd party. Often it was better coverage at a lower price.

Also we could cover pre or post tour stays and air flights in 1 insurance policy.

Just need to double check what is being quoted.  Without my questions about price and what was covered, I would not have all of my trip covered. That could result in problems if I needed to file a claim for cancellation

3 hours ago, MSEm said:

Had TA go back to O.  "Yes"  I was correct that the addition of the O pre-tour does increase the cost of the insurance.  I am being quoted the increased price for the insurance.  I want to see an invoice showing Cruise, pre-tour and the insurance before I make a deposit.

Next time I may very well just book directly and skip the TA.

Next time, buy insurance from a broker (e.g., InsureMyTrip.com). Cruise ships’ policies are woefully inadequate and overpriced.