Getting cocktails from specialty restaurants without eating there?

Moochi

We have done this at Sushi on 5 many times in the past, but the policy may have changed since our last cruise in 2019. We just asked the maitre'd at non-busy times and never a problem. So5 is a little more casual than other restaurants, though - I don't think this would fly at Tuscan or Murano.

I’m not sure why you would want to do this. You can get pretty much any drink you want at the dedicated bars. The only real outlier might be Eden, where they have their own menu of drinks and you can get any of those at the Eden Bar. There isn’t anywhere to sit in the Specialty Restaurants to enjoy your drink, only tables for guests who have paid for their meals. Each of the bars onboard should have a package that has the “ingredients” for all of the drinks offered ship wide. Some bartenders may or may not know the list exists. It’s basically a xeroxed list stapled together. 

Edited by RICCruisers

As someone who doesn't drink wine or beer I usually have a cocktail with a meal.... and before and after too 😎

On the S class ships the cocktails for MDR and Luminae are made at the passport bar. Sushi on 5's are made at the World Class bar. Murano's were made at the Ensemble Lounge but the don't seem to list signature cocktails in Murano any more. So for any of the cocktails from these restaurants you can go to the relevant bar.

For Tuscan, Blu and LPC it is trickier as thier signature drinks are all made in a back bar shared by all three. Many of these drinks have ingredients you won't find in other bars such as Green Chartreuse, Montenegro or Strega. So for these it is a bit harder to get in other bars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, groryjm said:

As someone who doesn't drink wine or beer I usually have a cocktail with a meal.... and before and after too 😎

On the S class ships the cocktails for MDR and Luminae are made at the passport bar. Sushi on 5's are made at the World Class bar. Murano's were made at the Ensemble Lounge but the don't seem to list signature cocktails in Murano any more. So for any of the cocktails from these restaurants you can go to the relevant bar.

For Tuscan, Blu and LPC it is trickier as thier signature drinks are all made in a back bar shared by all three. Many of these drinks have ingredients you won't find in other bars such as Green Chartreuse, Montenegro or Strega. So for these it is a bit harder to get in other bars. 

Thank you for the info! I imagine it works similarly on Beyond? Looking at the deck plan, Raw on 5 and Fine Cut are very close to world class bar. There is a back room between Le Grand Bistro, Le Voyage, and The Club. So The Club probably provides drinks for LGB and LV?

15 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

I’m not sure why you would want to do this. You can get pretty much any drink you want at the dedicated bars. The only real outlier might be Eden, where they have their own menu of drinks and you can get any of those at the Eden Bar. There isn’t anywhere to sit in the Specialty Restaurants to enjoy your drink, only tables for guests who have paid for their meals. Each of the bars onboard should have a package that has the “ingredients” for all of the drinks offered ship wide. Some bartenders may or may not know the list exists. It’s basically a xeroxed list stapled together. 

I think sake might only be available in Sushi On 5.

The last time we were on Silhouette, 2019, I fancied trying the  Spicy Mangotini at Sushi on 5.  They were more than happy to oblige and even brought us some complimentary tasters of their dumplings to try.  NB they weren't busy and this was over 3 years ago so things may have changed. Onboard again in 3 weeks time so will check it out. 

I was on Solstice in November and I was able to get Tuscan Grille's signature negroni at the martini bar. They kept a bottle of Antica vermouth there after that, pretty much just for me. I can't say if special requests like this will always be honored, but I figure the fact that I tip a little extra and I'm always polite to the bartenders doesn't hurt. The ship was also about half full, so that may have also have helped.

Edited by conquesodor
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, conquesodor said:

They kept a bottle of Antica vermouth there after that, pretty much just for me..... 

Carpano Antica is usually a available at WCB and if you ask nicely it will be available from the Retreat too

My fridge too...... 

1675462455009847388393602804352.thumb.jpg.33607f05fbb969973402bfef63132554.jpg

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Moochi said:

That’s an impressive fridge shelf! You must drink a lot of cocktails to keep these bottles reasonably fresh😉

my bar.....

IMG_20230203_230857_545b.thumb.jpg.eefd6164219f9634c02600d9c4d5666d.jpg

I try very hard to make sure it is all kept fresh......🍷🍸🍾😎

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

481.35 kB · 0 downloads

Carpano Antica is usually a available at WCB and if you ask nicely it will be available from the Retreat too

My fridge too...... 

1675462455009847388393602804352.thumb.jpg.33607f05fbb969973402bfef63132554.jpg

I certainly approve of your shelf - however I am waiting for the “I never drink” and “If you drink 15 drinks per day you need to seek help” posters to chirp in.

• Haha 1