"Canadian dollar at par" promo

niknot

Hi All,

Just saw this in a Princess email and thought that some of you might be interested.

NEW: Canadian Dollars at Par – thru Feb 28
Canadian residents can stretch their dollars further with our Canadian Dollars at Par promotion for new bookings through Feb 28. With this offer, we will be setting Canadian dollars at par with US dollars to bring extra savings to your Canadian clients. This is applicable on select voyages to Alaska, the Caribbean, California Coast, Europe, Panama Canal, and Canada & New England between March 2023 through April 2024. Combine this offer with our ongoing Best Sale Ever to receive even more bang for your buck! Voyage List ❯

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. For bookings made in lead categories by meta, deposits of $100 USD per guest are non-refundable and in guarantee status only, staterooms may not be selected and will be assigned close to departure date. Fares for other categories may vary. Fares are per guest, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. Guests will be able to pay the same amount in Canadian dollars as the public US dollar rate. Please refer to princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. Offer expires on February 28, 2023. Reference Promo Codes: RLW/RJW/RKW. Any advertised offer may be changed or revoked at any time. ©2023, Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. Princess®, MedallionClass®, and the Princess logo are trademarks of Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Ships of Bermudan and British registry.

• Like 2

I have but am questioning my sanity.  It is looks eerily similar to the current 35% off fare.

Example:  15 Night Panama Canal Cruise in January 2024 on the Emerald.  Category MD Mini Suite with premium pkg.

Princess 35% off Sale has it for $10674.44.  35% off launch fare on a space available basis.  Includes:  $150 OBC credit per person and reduced deposit of $100/person.

Canadian Resident Rate:  $10674.   Reduced deposit of $270CDN per person (which is a 35% exchange rate on $100USD).  The fare is based on a lead in fare on a space available basis.  It does not mention it via our TA's online website, but we did receive $150USD OBC per guest through this promo code.

We did book this promo but will keep checking for any other sales or price reduction to occur.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

I have but am questioning my sanity.  It is looks eerily similar to the current 35% off fare.

Example:  15 Night Panama Canal Cruise in January 2024 on the Emerald.  Category MD Mini Suite with premium pkg.

Princess 35% off Sale has it for $10674.44.  35% off launch fare on a space available basis.  Includes:  $150 OBC credit per person and reduced deposit of $100/person.

Canadian Resident Rate:  $10674.   Reduced deposit of $270CDN per person (which is a 35% exchange rate on $100USD).  The fare is based on a lead in fare on a space available basis.  It does not mention it via our TA's online website, but we did receive $150USD OBC per guest through this promo code.

We did book this promo but will keep checking for any other sales or price reduction to occur.

Sorry the $270 deposit is per couple NOT per person.

sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

10 hours ago, phillbill said:

I spoke with my travel agent about this promo and she advises that she needs to provide a code in order to book a cruise Canadian at par.  Would anyone have the code to share?

Many thanks

Your TA should be able to find and see the Fare Codes for herself.  Of course she needs a code - every booking requires a Fare Code.  If she has access to POLAR, she enters your Name, BD, CC Member Nbr and all of your eligible Fare Codes display.  You the client should not have to supply one, but of course it is fine to do so if you know what you want.  See Post #7.

10 hours ago, phillbill said:

I spoke with my travel agent about this promo and she advises that she needs to provide a code in order to book a cruise Canadian at par.  Would anyone have the code to share?

Many thanks

Is this the code posted in post#7? Reference Promo Codes: RLW/RJW/RKW

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.  They represent Standard, Plus and Premier fare options.  They are the version of Best Sale Ever for Canadian market.

Thank you @Steelers36. We asked for the Best Sale Ever price adjustment for our June cruise in Jan. TA needed to rebook with new reservation, the deposit is now non-refundable. Now the price dropped further before final payment, wonder if it can be re-fared to the lowest fare for the same cruise even though the deposit is non-refundable. Does anyone know? 

8 hours ago, fannym123 said:

Thank you @Steelers36. We asked for the Best Sale Ever price adjustment for our June cruise in Jan. TA needed to rebook with new reservation, the deposit is now non-refundable. Now the price dropped further before final payment, wonder if it can be re-fared to the lowest fare for the same cruise even though the deposit is non-refundable. Does anyone know? 

You need a new TA.  I  don't understand how you ended up with a Non-Ref deposit - PCL doesn't really have those anymore.  Before doing anything else or letting on what you want to do, ask TA what Fare Code you are booked under or see if it is indicated on your invoice.  If the re-fare requires a cancel/re-book action, chances are deposit is lost.  But TA may be spinning you in order to avoid having more changes made to the booking (such as a price drop where they lose some commission).  If you are re-booking, maybe that Non-Ref goes away.  But, like I said, IDK how you ended up with that as a North American sector guest (UK guests don't have the flexibility we have, for example).

AFAI am concerned, Canada TA's are of no use in saving money off cruise fare.  Perhaps the Cdn offices of the large agency that has a lot of little boxes discounts in Canada similar to USA, but you would be better served by a US-based agency.

• Thanks 1

I think the pricing is on their website and has the "on par" cooked in for certain sailings. We had booked a 14 day Caribbean sailing for July 2023 a few weeks ago through Costco Travel and then 12 days ago it dropped on the Princess website by around 25-30%. I wasn't able to see this on Costco's pricing or tripcentral.ca, but I was able to get Costco TA to call Princess and after sitting on hold while Costco called them they eventually came back on the line and re-fared us with the same cabin etc. and booking number. Saved us something like 1300 CAD. 6 hours later the price on the Princess website changed back to be the older higher price. Since then, starting maybe a few days ago, it is now been sitting at the new lower price on Princess' website. Costco travel website still shows the "old" price for this sailing.

By the way I didn't get any email about "on par" etc., I just noticed that particular sailing dropped by a bunch, and my hunch actually was that they were either making a mistake with the currency conversion (since it worked out to exactly the amount give or take a few bucks) or they had a sale running that wasn't really showing up properly.

1 hour ago, Ace_Caliente said:

I think the pricing is on their website and has the "on par" cooked in for certain sailings. We had booked a 14 day Caribbean sailing for July 2023 a few weeks ago through Costco Travel and then 12 days ago it dropped on the Princess website by around 25-30%. I wasn't able to see this on Costco's pricing or tripcentral.ca, but I was able to get Costco TA to call Princess and after sitting on hold while Costco called them they eventually came back on the line and re-fared us with the same cabin etc. and booking number. Saved us something like 1300 CAD. 6 hours later the price on the Princess website changed back to be the older higher price. Since then, starting maybe a few days ago, it is now been sitting at the new lower price on Princess' website. Costco travel website still shows the "old" price for this sailing.

By the way I didn't get any email about "on par" etc., I just noticed that particular sailing dropped by a bunch, and my hunch actually was that they were either making a mistake with the currency conversion (since it worked out to exactly the amount give or take a few bucks) or they had a sale running that wasn't really showing up properly.

First, you are not supposed to name any TA by explicit name (a rule here on CC).  Most people refer to the "C" one as the Big Box agency.  The other one is unique to Canada I believe. 

When you are using BB website, perhaps you are not logged in and have your Captain Circle Member Nbr entered?  If you do not do that, then you don't see special fare codes you are eligible for such as the CAD at par.   When logged into Princess.com, you are supposed to be shown the best Fare Code deal you qualify for and this might explain the difference.  IDK how BB Canada website works in terms of cruise shopping as I wouldn't book with them. 

Anyway, it is good you got the better rate.

Thanks to this post we were able to get our Hawaii cruise changed to the new price and we saved $922 a person on the base price ($1844), plus an overall less cost for insurance. 

The sad part is our CVP would not re-fare the cruise, but insisted that we cancel and create a new booking.  Luckily there was a more preferable cabin (on the port side aft) that I had been eyeing for the last month and we went ahead.

All in all we saved $1991 (fare and Insurance), have the corner aft we really wanted, have the new Princess + package (vs the old one), and all I had to do was rebook the excursions.   Took me all of 30 minutes of my time and a total of 3 emails (one to request, and 2 to confirm the transaction).   Sadly one of the excursions went up $50, but I am still way ahead in the end, and a happy camper.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 5:47 PM, Perky1 said:

Has anyone been able to book this yet?

See my post above this one.   We saved quite a bit, and I am a happy camper.   If you check the Princess website, from Canada, you will see the discounts automatically applied.   I would screen shot that and ask your TA to do some leg work...

On 2/9/2023 at 12:21 AM, Valiamo said:

See my post above this one.   We saved quite a bit, and I am a happy camper.   If you check the Princess website, from Canada, you will see the discounts automatically applied.   I would screen shot that and ask your TA to do some leg work...

I checked mine on the website and the price is the same:(

4 hours ago, Perky1 said:

I checked mine on the website and the price is the same:(

Yeah, I had my CVP price out a 15 day Panama canal cruise using promo code RJW and it was the same as listed prices on the web, no savings.

Edited by dns65

1 hour ago, dns65 said:

Yeah, I had my CVP price out a 15 day Panama canal cruise using promo code RJW and it was the same as listed prices on the web, no savings.

Same with me for Enchanted Princess March 2024 , in fact much higher than before.