Arrival time

gamblinmon

8 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Nice!

What time did you select?

We picked the earliest, which I think was 11:00 am. To us, the cruise starts the minute we step on board so we always try to get on board as soon as possible. Plus, getting there earlier than later means we don't have to pay for lunch at a shore based restaurant. Might as well grab the "free food" that is available. We prefer Alfredo's for lunch, but sometimes head to the MDR that is open. We NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, subject ourselves to the frantic food hoarding competition in the buffet upon boarding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PTMary said:

We NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, subject ourselves to the frantic food hoarding competition in the buffet upon boarding. 

We don't normally like the buffet on the first day but I know that on our next trip they'll be serving carved turkey the first day ..... and that's something I can't resist.🦃 

1 hour ago, PTMary said:

We picked the earliest, which I think was 11:00 am. To us, the cruise starts the minute we step on board so we always try to get on board as soon as possible. Plus, getting there earlier than later means we don't have to pay for lunch at a shore based restaurant. Might as well grab the "free food" that is available. We prefer Alfredo's for lunch, but sometimes head to the MDR that is open. We NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, subject ourselves to the frantic food hoarding competition in the buffet upon boarding. 

I couldn’t agree more!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PTMary said:

That's exactly what we do.  It's hard to force ourselves to stay home and not drive over too early.  We are always the ones getting there between 11 and 11:30.  I want to get on that ship, grab a glass of wine, some lunch, and start my vacation!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How many times do CC members in the know, including myself, have to post that Arrival Times in the App mean nothing and just arrive at the Terminal for check-in at your convenience and all will be good?

As many times as someone asks. No one has to answer the question, so just skip the question and move on.

Besides, at any time Princess may start enforcing the arrival time slots. There is no guarantee that they will always ignore them. Telling people to go at anytime because they never check, and then when they do so they find out that the policy has been begun to be enforced, is not doing them any favors. I always recommend choosing a time just in case. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PTMary said:

As many times as someone asks. No one has to answer the question, so just skip the question and move on.

Besides, at any time Princess may start enforcing the arrival time slots. There is no guarantee that they will always ignore them. Telling people to go at anytime because they never check, and then when they do so they find out that the policy has been begun to be enforced, is not doing them any favors. I always recommend choosing a time just in case. 

It was a rhetorical question.  But why not pick one if the guest can.

Priority guests don't need one as they can be accommodated anytime.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PTMary said:

They very well could now that the ships are mostly travelling filled. I would hate to not have a early time slot since we're always among the first to arrive.

I guess I'm just paranoid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Priority guests don't need one as they can be accommodated anytime.

But even if an Elite person is included in the early boarders, not having a time slot might mean that they won't even be allowed in the door. Who knows?

You may very well be standing on line at the terminal waiting for your time slot.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

But even if an Elite person is included in the early boarders, not having a time slot might mean that they won't even be allowed in the door. Who knows?

You may very well be standing on line at the terminal waiting for your time slot.

Sorry - misinformation.  There would have to be a complete seed change in policy.  When Arrival Groups were announced, there was much consternation and Jan Swartz laid it to rest on the first voyage - Elites, Suites, etc can arrive anytime and have the priority boarding process.  No need to wait until 1pm or 2pm or 12:30pm.  

There are plenty of Elite members on this board as well as Suite bookers and I have never seen a post that they were denied access to check-in.  Not going to happen folks.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry - misinformation.  There would have to be a complete seed change in policy.  When Arrival Groups were announced, there was much consternation and Jan Swartz laid it to rest on the first voyage - Elites, Suites, etc can arrive anytime and have the priority boarding process.  No need to wait until 1pm or 2pm or 12:30pm.  

There are plenty of Elite members on this board as well as Suite bookers and I have never seen a post that they were denied access to check-in.  Not going to happen folks.

Yes,  Elites & Suites do board first but I was trying to imply that IF they started enforcing the boarding schedule at the terminal having a designated time slot might possibly be needed just to enter the building. I really don't expect it to happen but it can't hurt to sign up just in case. 

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Yes,  Elites & Suites do board first but I was trying to imply that IF they started enforcing the boarding schedule at the terminal having a designated time slot might possibly be needed just to enter the building. I really don't expect it to happen but it can't hurt to sign up just in case. 

And what I am saying is IF they started to do some enforcing it would NOT affect Suites and Elites.

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

And what I am saying is IF they started to do some enforcing it would NOT affect Suites and Elites.

I'm not certain of that, so I'm not taking any chances.

Princess tends to change their mind on lots of things lately.

On 2/4/2023 at 6:58 AM, MissP22 said:

At this point in time it really doesn't make much difference what time you select but someday they might enforce time boarding as a normal thing.

Just in case, as others have said, it begins at around 60 days prior to your cruise. 

They were boarding based on assigned times in San Pedro last month but not limiting entrance to the building.

53 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

They were boarding based on assigned times in San Pedro last month but not limiting entrance to the building.

OK, but did they allow Elite's to board first no matter what time they had previously selected on their phone?

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Yes, there was priority for Elite and Platinum 

Good to here.

That means that if you're Elite or in a Suite there's no need to select any time beforehand. Just show up at the terminal - whenever, join in line & proceed to board.

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Good to here.

That means that if you're Elite or in a Suite there's no need to select any time beforehand. Just show up at the terminal - whenever, join in line & proceed to board.

Unless you are at a port that limits access to the building itself based on boarding time and you want to be among the first to board.

I’m not sure I’d count on staff to know or recognize status. I remember separate lines for entry to the building based on arrival time at one port last year. For me it’s worth the effort to select a time.

Just now, Torfamm said:

Unless you are at a port that limits access to the building itself based on boarding time and you want to be among the first to board.

I’m not sure I’d count on staff to know or recognize status. I remember separate lines for entry to the building based on arrival time at one port last year. For me it’s worth the effort to select a time.

We always arrive early so it doesn't make much difference, but I'll also be selecting the earliest boarding time as well.

Although not really needed, it can't hurt.

• Like 1