Sky Princess Dining

Idratherbeatsea

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, lucas34 said:

Does Princess charge for cappuccino at MDR dinners?

On the Sky this past week, a small Cap was $3 and a large was $3.50. They were available in every location we asked for one, including the Estrella DR

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

On the Sky this past week, a small Cap was $3 and a large was $3.50. They were available in every location we asked for one, including the Estrella DR

Thanks for your info. As you was on board Sky; any news about coming dry dock this April-May? Do you know which MDR is open for embarkation day for lunch?

2 minutes ago, lucas34 said:

Thanks for your info. As you was on board Sky; any news about coming dry dock this April-May? Do you know which MDR is open for embarkation day for lunch?

No problem. No info on the dry dock, but folks here have been discussing it in other threads. Embarkation lunch is the buffet, one DR (I believe it was the Estrella), or Alfredo's. Alfredo's had large line-ups almost every day at lunchtime (sometime huge lines) including embarkation day but access at dinnertime was easy.  If you want Alfredo's after boarding, board early ;o)  Also, I've heard it said on other threads that if you ask a crew member about lunch options on embarkation day, they are conditioned to not tell you about the DR, but AFAIK it was open. We never eat lunch so I can't confirm, but I certainly did see the big line at Alfredo's.

14 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Ei ongelmaa. Kuivatelakasta ei ole tietoa, mutta ihmiset täällä ovat keskustelleet siitä muissa säikeissä. Lähtölounas on buffet, yksi DR (luulen, että se oli Estrella) tai Alfredon. Alfredolla oli suuria kokoonpanoja melkein joka päivä lounasaikaan (joskus valtavat jonot), mukaan lukien alukseen nousupäivä, mutta päivällisaikaan pääsy oli helppoa. Jos haluat Alfredon nousemisen jälkeen, nouse aikaisin kyytiin ;o) Olen myös kuullut sanottavan muissa ketjuissa, että jos kysyt miehistön jäseneltä lounasvaihtoehdoista nousupäivänä, he eivät kerro sinulle DR:stä, vaan AFAIKista. se oli auki. Emme koskaan syö lounasta, joten en voi vahvistaa, mutta näin todellakin Alfredon suuren jonon.

Thanks again for your help.

Do you remember what time the cabins were ready? If the cabins are not ready when you arrive on board, can you go to the dining room with hand luggage?

How well does Anytime dinner work? I'm used to eating dinner late. What time are the shows usually?

My last Princess cruise was 31 years ago, so I guess a lot has changed since then...

All the dining room serve the same food with identical menus. At the Estrella dining room they will be the ones who will do breakfast and lunch if you desire to eat in the main dining room. Keep in mind lunch is strictly on sea days.

3 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Thanks again for your help.

Do you remember what time the cabins were ready? If the cabins are not ready when you arrive on board, can you go to the dining room with hand luggage?

How well does Anytime dinner work? I'm used to eating dinner late. What time are the shows usually?

My last Princess cruise was 31 years ago, so I guess a lot has changed since then...

Princess can be quite good when it comes to making cabins available early, but not this time. I don't remember if the corridors were actually blocked off, but they made it clear that cabins would ONLY be ready at 1PM, and they had signs posted to this effect at all the stairway entrances to the hallways, In the past, we've had cabins available as early as 11AM, but this time it was 1PM. Yes, lots of folks were in the dining venues with their carry-ons, but Princess also advertised a location on the ship where you could drop off your carry on if you wanted to.

We didn't have a lot of experience with any time dining as we tend to eat in the SD restaurants with firm reservations. We did eat in the Estrella MDR once and simply walked up and asked for a table for 2, which was of course available as it was 5PM, right when it opened. There may be a slight wait at peak times, but nothing too onerous. Shows were 7:30 and 9:30 except for one day when they were inexplicably at 7 and 9.