MSC Meraviglia boarding at Red Hook Brooklyn

SusanMK

Looking at cruises in September going to Bermuda. Looks like the Meraviglia leaves on a Monday...UGH. Will be coming up the NJ TP across Staten Island into Brooklyn. Instead of dealing with the nightmare traffic on Monday morning we are thinking about staying in a hotel in Brooklyn Sunday night

On 4/19/2023 at 12:36 PM, garkar87 said:

Just asking for my parents, they booked the port transfer from JFK for April 29th sailing.  Does anyone know where the MSC shuttle picks up (meeting spot) from JFK?

Thank you 

Karen 

Just curious on the port transfer. I've searched high and low and can't find anything regarding an MSC transfer from the airport. Can you point in me in the right direction? I was planning to drive, but am now flying into LGA.

Edit: Actually was flying into JFK, but my flight was cancelled and this was the best replacement option.

Edited by Anastas617

33 minutes ago, Anastas617 said:

Just curious on the port transfer. I've searched high and low and can't find anything regarding an MSC transfer from the airport. Can you point in me in the right direction? I was planning to drive, but am now flying into LGA.

Edit: Actually was flying into JFK, but my flight was cancelled and this was the best replacement option.

The transfer shuttle with MSC is available from JFK airport. We booked thru the travel agent but you can call MSC directly to book.

Karen 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, garkar87 said:

The transfer shuttle with MSC is available from JFK airport. We booked thru the travel agent but you can call MSC directly to book.

Karen 

Thanks. I'll call and see if they have anything for LGA. If not, I'll just Uber/Taxi.

22 hours ago, garkar87 said:

Karen 

How much is the transfer shuttle per person?

I'm driving to the Brooklyn Cruise Port from Maryland to board the MERAVIGLIA on 6/18, and looking to avoid paying $315 for parking.  Is it possible to park for 7 days at the Brooklyn Army Terminal (BAT) and take the South Brooklyn Ferry to and from Redhook for $4 each way?  The BAT website says they have free parking.  Can I park there overnight for 7 nights?

27 minutes ago, GCPMD said:

I'm driving to the Brooklyn Cruise Port from Maryland to board the MERAVIGLIA on 6/18, and looking to avoid paying $315 for parking.  Is it possible to park for 7 days at the Brooklyn Army Terminal (BAT) and take the South Brooklyn Ferry to and from Redhook for $4 each way?  The BAT website says they have free parking.  Can I park there overnight for 7 nights?

Really never knew that to be the case. I worked around there in the past and the pier where the parking is short term for the day.

You should call the BAT administration to see the policy. 

They are very protective with that property since our hospital was allowed to park there daily as overflow. 

On 4/20/2023 at 12:54 PM, Laszlo said:

Looking at cruises in September going to Bermuda. Looks like the Meraviglia leaves on a Monday...UGH. Will be coming up the NJ TP across Staten Island into Brooklyn. Instead of dealing with the nightmare traffic on Monday morning we are thinking about staying in a hotel in Brooklyn Sunday night

It isn’t as bad as you fear. Earlier this month, I had an appointment in Bath Beach, Brooklyn at 10:30am on a Tuesday morning. From central NJ (exit 9) it took me around 1 hr 10 minutes. Maybe 15 minutes of traffic.  Once that early work traffic eases up, it’s not so bad. Red hook is further, but you probably wouldn’t want to check in much before 11 anyway.

• Like 1