Help required with cabin selection searches!

tine-tine

Hi cruisers, I am seeking help on a search of this forum where I am finding it impossible to get a result when I know the answer is in there somewhere! I am looking for V1 and V2 cabin posts to obtain information about these cabins from past guests and no matter how I try when I enter V1 or V2 into search field for this forum it draws a blank '0' results, now I know this to be wrong as I have searched previously and there is information there plus I have read posts generally and seen comments so why am I not getting any results back? When I search DV6 no problem, I appear to be doing something right when I search for other categories! This is driving me crazy so any help to maintain my sanity is welcome.

Edited by tine-tine
correct grammer

You could try putting the search term in quotes i.e. "V1 Cabin" then check that you have selected "this forum" in the drop-down that appears on the right hand side of the search box

In any case it may be better to save your sanity and simply create a new post, asking for the information that you're looking for. If your post includes "V1 and V2 cabins" in the title, it might help others find it in future searches.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Edited by photopro2
additional info added

What information are you looking for? "V" staterooms are all located on and only located on deck 3. V1 staterooms are at the front of deck 3 and V2 staterooms are located at the back of deck 3. All but 2 of the remaining staterooms on deck 3 are all DV6 staterooms. Those last 2 are DV1 staterooms located aft, between the 2 Explorer Suites, all with aft-facing balconies. The only physical difference between all of these "V1/V2" and "DV6" staterooms on deck 3 is if they are located on the port (left) side or the starboard (right) side of the ship and if the stateroom is a left or right hand layout. Again, physically, there is no difference between a "V" and "DV" stateroom. Aside from that physical differences I've started above, the only difference between a DV6 and a DV1 stateroom is it's location on the ship.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

My husband insists on DV4 or a PV on deck 4, so I have no experience with a Veranda cabin, but I would like to try deck 3 for 2 reasons, 1 is the atrium on that level and 2 is since we do laundry on our cruises there are less people to share the laundry with. BTW Laundry is usually on the port side. 

The cabin size is the same as DV and I prefer it to PV, because I can see/hear the TV better from the bed. I also prefer having two chairs as opposed to a sofa and a chair. 
Hope someone with experience replies to your post. 

We have sailed in a DV6 on Deck 3 and a DV1 on Deck 8. Both cabins are identical in size to the V1 and V2 cabins. We were very happy with both of our DV cabins - the only slight negative being the DV1 on Deck 8. It was quite close to the fog horn(signal) and we encountered a couple of foggy days and nights on our cruise and being relatively light sleepers we were disturbed by the signal during the night.

Other than that I would be quite happy with a V1 or V2 cabin. The missing benefits over other cabin grades are a later access time for your cabin on embarkation day, later access to booking restaurants and excursions on MVJ and the snacks and drinks are not replenished daily in the mini fridge.

The only caveat is that I would try to book my cabin as close to the mid-ships as possible.

Here is a link to a blog about VO cabins as well as cabins to avoid.

As far as searching is concerned, most search engines require a minimum number of characters to work properly, otherwise the query may timeout or simply be ignored. Using two characters is not an ideal way to search a database. 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Iloveketo said:

My husband insists on DV4 or a PV on deck 4, so I have no experience with a Veranda cabin, but I would like to try deck 3

You might like to suggest a compromise by booking into a DV6, on what I regard as the premium and (as you point out) more exclusive deck three 😁 You would get all the same benefits of a DV4, just one deck down with a little more money in your pocketbook for shopping!

1 hour ago, Iloveketo said:

here are less people to share the laundry with

Of course, we would never dream of using the laundry on a different floor to our cabin 😉

• Haha 1

We have sailed twice in a DV6 cabin right by the forward elevators. Honestly they are my favorite cabins on the ship. Love deck 3. Sitting by the atrium overlook  on deck 3 in the evening listening to the lovely music is one of my favorite places on the ship. Also like being close to the stairs and elevators. Laundry access is handy too. I wouldn’t hesitate to book a V1 or 2 cabin for a minute, they just aren’t ever available when we book. They are a bit farther from the elevators but that’s not a big deal IMHO. 

• Like 3

I know on the Azamara forum there is a sticky thread where people just post cabin reviews, usually using a simple format of 

Ship -

Cabin Number -

Month/Year sailed - 

Would you choose this room again - 

Is noise an issue - 

Balcony Size

Conclusion/other issue

It makes it easier to search, although someone even periodically collects the reviews on a spreadsheet.  I wonder if a sticky thread like that might be helpful for this forum?

• Like 2