Drink Package Question

ddavis5us

I know that the answer is somewhere on this Board, but I've searched and I can't find the answer.  I know the Classic Drink Package has been de-valued and don't want to start another thread on it.  However, I'm on an upcoming Connie sailing and have the Classic Package.  I'm pretty sure that I've seen now that Celebrity has followed Carnival in now requiring every adult in a cabin to buy a package if one does.  Don't want to start an argument on that as "it is what it is".  What I am wondering if if both adults have to upgrade to Premium if one does?  My wife will not have more than 2 drinks a day and that is likely to be just a vodka tonic.  Me, I like some of the higher priced gins and will have a few.  I can pay a per charge upcharge if I have to.  But would like to upgrade myself and only myself if possible with on-board credits.  Anyone have recent experience or a link to the fine print that I can't seem to find?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link to the fine print.  As with most things, it can change from week to week, I will wait to upgrade until onboard and see.  If they require both, I'm probably better off paying the per drink charge.  However, if that is the biggest issue of the vacation, then it be a pretty dang good one!.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I called today to upgrade to Premium for our April cruise. Was asked if I wanted to upgrade one or both people in the cabin. Price was $13.99/day plus 20% gratuity, less our 15% discount. Used OBC for the upgrade. Except for waiting 30 minutes for an agent, easy-peasy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 8:53 PM, cyntil8ing said:

I called today to upgrade to Premium for our April cruise. Was asked if I wanted to upgrade one or both people in the cabin. Price was $13.99/day plus 20% gratuity, less our 15% discount. Used OBC for the upgrade. Except for waiting 30 minutes for an agent, easy-peasy. 

How did you get the $13.99/day price? The standard difference between the packages now is $20 and on the cruise planner for my sailing, it's an $18 difference. Was the difference only $13.99 for your sailing? 

14 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

How did you get the $13.99/day price? The standard difference between the packages now is $20 and on the cruise planner for my sailing, it's an $18 difference. Was the difference only $13.99 for your sailing? 

I misspoke earlier that the Elite discount was taken from the $13.99. That WAS the discounted price. The package difference shows as $18.00 for my cruise. With the 15% Elite discount, I was expecting it to be $15.30 plus gratuities.

Screen-Shot-2023-03-01-at-12-58-05-PM.thumb.png.d097128e8b0c625271bf35471253183f.png

6 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

I misspoke earlier that the Elite discount was taken from the $13.99. That WAS the discounted price. The package difference shows as $18.00 for my cruise. With the 15% Elite discount, I was expecting it to be $15.30 plus gratuities.

Screen-Shot-2023-03-01-at-12-58-05-PM.thumb.png.d097128e8b0c625271bf35471253183f.png

So you got a better deal compared to what you expected to get? What number did you call? I know it's one of those luck of the draw deals.

4 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

Just called and got the same deal. They also swapped my daughter's (minor) classic non-alcoholic package for the zero proof package at no charge

I was able to upgrade only 1/2 to premium a few days ago for my July Summit cruise where we both had Classic package as part of the cruise fare.

The rep on the phone just asked if she should upgrade only me, or my wife as well.

I paid $20+20% though.