Pre and Post Cruise Hotel Restrictions

HoustonTXEngineer

Good Afternoon CC Cruisers!  Quick Question - is there a limit on the number of nights (pre OR post cruise) that you are allowed to book through Norwegian?  We’re sailing on the Norwegian Dawn in June from Copenhagen and booked (with NCL) 2 pre-cruise nights in Copenhagen and 1 post-cruise night in Stockholm.  We made final payment earlier this week, but yesterday we called NCL to see if we could add another night post-cruise in Stockholm (in order to have more time to see the sights) and we were told by the representative that we couldn’t add another night as NCL only allows “3 nights booked TOTAL - for both pre AND post cruise”.

Has anyone else been able to book more than 3 nights TOTAL - pre and post?  Or was the rep correct?

Book the other night on your own. Likely you will pay less than with NCL for the extra night. Too bad you are past final payment. We never book hotels with the cruise line or any other 3rd party for that matter. We book direct online with hotels as that is usually less expensive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

It sounds to me like the OP used NCL air, which only allows 2 days prior deviation and 1 day post, as they were told.  

Where are you reading that?  The T&C's for the BOGO air on NCL's site indicate 2 days allowed both pre and post cruise.  Is there a restriction on number of deviation days if using the Premium Air service?  I would think that would be LESS restrictive.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Where are you reading that?  The T&C's for the BOGO air on NCL's site indicate 2 days allowed both pre and post cruise.  Is there a restriction on number of deviation days if using the Premium Air service?  I would think that would be LESS restrictive.

You are correct.  I have a friend using BOGO air to fly to Italy this summer and he said it was 2/1. But he's incorrect and it's 2/2.  I have never used the air because I like to be in control and I typically fly somewhere either before or after my cruise...not from home to port and back.  Thanks for the clarification.