Need help with tour to Powerscourt, Wicklow, and Glendalough from Dublin

Pearl64

We are arriving on Oceania Vista August 26 at 8 am. All tours that go to all three leave between 8 and 9. We cannot guarantee we can get to the meeting place in time. It's either Molly Malone Statue or O'Connell Street Lower. It looks as though the O'Connell street is closer but not sure how to get there--public transportation or taxi. Which one would have other things to see? We are in port until 11 pm so have lots of time. Is this a tender port? If so, that enters into the thinking. We can take a ship tour just to Powerscourt but travels through Wicklow to get there. There is a shopping component at the end which really does not interest us. Suggestions please. And, which pickup point would be better? We have been to the Book of Kells and the Post Office on a previous trip. Is there a way we could just walk around without a guide? It seems as though few tours have a pick up at the port. I have found an afternoon tour to Wicklow and Glenadough through Paddy Wagon Tours which has mixed reviews. We do understand that weather will impact the garden experience.

Thanks for all suggestions.

You will be tendering in Dun Laoghaire.  The itinerary shows as Saturday August 26th Dublin (Dun Laoghaire) Ireland  8.00am to 11.59pm.

That is a problem even for the 9 am tour, as Dun Laoghaire is 30 minutes south of Dublin city.

I am not sure what you mean by 'travels through Wicklow to get there'?  Powerscourt and Glendalough are situated in Wicklow.

So, what to do??

Possibility #1  The Dublin Sightseeing tour https://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/southcoast-tour travel from Dublin to Powerscourt through Dun Laoghaire.  Perhaps you could contact them and ask if they would pick you up in Dun Laoghaire.

Possibility #2  Contact Butlers Tours (well recommended on this board) about their tour and ask if they will pick up in Dun Laoghaire.  https://butlerstours.com/shore-tours/powerscourt-day-tour.php

The Paddywagon afternoon tour does not go to Powerscourt.

Thank you for your response. Not happy that this is a tender port as the stop may even be cancelled. I had contacted Butlers Tours but they are completely booked. And, yes I know the afternoon PaddyWagon tour does not go go Powerscourt. Just trying to look at options. I will check out your other suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...